Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Explains The Fallout With Don King Since Golovkin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vanes Explains The Fallout With Don King Since Golovkin Fight

In the last few days, junior middleweight Vanes Martirosyan (36-4-1, 21 KOs) has been venting heavy over his fallout with veteran promoter Don King. Vanes is on the verge of retirement from the sport, after sitting on the shelf since getting out knocked out by then middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin in May 2018. Vanes came in as a late replacement for Canelo Alvarez, who failed a drug test.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sad to see this happening to a contender...but part of me is like everyone knows about don king and how terrible of a promoter he has been. He burns fighters and takes their money through different schemes time and time again...why would you sign with this guy? Vanes admitted he knew better. All that being said, I hope he has one last decent/good run in him before he hangs them up.

Comment

Sounds like Vanes will be out of retirement by next week

Comment

Crocodile Tears Vanes. Three Strikes You’re out. At least King gave you a purse and you’re complaining about the tax? You’re just a crying ass hoe like Paulie Malignaggi. Who’s the 4th Promoter you cry next? Go sign with Loeffler or make a Promotional Company with him “LA Has Beens”

Comment

I hope PBC will sign him again

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie2Jabs View Post
            Crocodile Tears Vanes. Three Strikes You’re out. At least King gave you a purse and you’re complaining about the tax? You’re just a crying ass hoe like Paulie Malignaggi. Who’s the 4th Promoter you cry next? Go sign with Loeffler or make a Promotional Company with him “LA Has Beens”
            No need to be a disrepesctful príck. Vanes is a good person.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              No need to be a disrepesctful príck to several promoters. Haymon is a good person.
              Fixed it for u.

Comment

So he split 400K from the GGG fight with Don King down the middle (50/50) and ended up with 160K and King with 225K.. That isn't 50/50! And then King tried to get Vanes to pay for the taxes on the money he (King) took! You really can't make this sh it up. And re-the WBC what does he expect? They made him the mandatory at 154 and he expects a title shot? Mate you would wait forever to get your shot, just look at Breazeale.

Comment

"Everybody said that Don King is a piece of *****, a bad promoter, a snake. The reason I went to him alone was because I wanted him to do at least one fighter good, at least be good to one person in your life. I tried to go against everybody and I got really screwed over," Vanes said.

lol you can't be serious?!?!

Comment

Sad to see fighters treated this way, im shocked anyone in this day and age would even consider king as an associate let alone promoter. The guy is a savage.

Comment

Working...
                    X