No announcement yet.

Favorite Roberto Duran Fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    That was no assessment of what he could not do. He won the first fight when the clowning was not happening and the second fight was close before he quit. he quit because the fight was a farce and an insult to the sport. He's not going to admit it now since the old days are gone and no one would care or believe him anyway, but to say that is a measure of what he could not do is satire at best. He beat Leonard in his prime at his natural weight while out of his natural weight. In the third fight, granted, nothing happened. Leonard ran and Duran had no legs left. But he took the fight because big money was offered. Who wouldn't? Duran clearly won the first fight which turned out to be the only one that mattered. A fan at ringside for the rematch said that people started leaving once Leonard started that crap. They knew it was a circus. Sad day for boxing, but Duran's first win solidified his greatness and the rematch was pointless. Seriously watch it again. It was very close before being stopped. Why would he quit? It definitely had nothing to do with Leonard dominating him.
    i dont dought it , i hated leonards guts after that fight he was a freakin clown in that rematch what a jerk he was and he only took the fight as he knew duran couldnt drop the weight quickly and be effective.

Comment

first Leonard fight for me.

Comment

No questions the first bout with Leonard.

Comment

For me it was the Barkley fight. Duran's age, his backstory up to that point and a career resurrected. The opponent a big younger hard punching middleweight. His own family were frightened for him and Barkley dwarfed him in the ring. Great commentary by Gil Clancey.

Comment

I was at the Barkley fight in Atlantic City. That was a underrated fight. The Blade was a tough customer, but Roberto was so crafty and could get you out of your fight plan in about 6 minutes.
            A little side note , I Left The fight after it ended. I went and played Black Jack for about hour or so and like 4-5 vodka’s later walked out to the parking garage and there was like 6 inches of snow outside and I got 2 hour plus drive ahead of me at 2:00 AM. That sucked

Comment

--- Sugar Ray I, he mullered him and had fun doing it.

Yeah, Barkley and Hagler. Didnt win Hagler, but knocked the fear of God into him!

Comment

My favorite fight that he won was the fight with Barkley. Just given the size difference I think it was an amazing performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Curryfan85 View Post
                  My favorite fight that he won was the fight with Barkley. Just given the size difference I think it was an amazing performance.
                  Amazing he went distance in close fight with Hagler.

Comment

Ik everybody been saying it but Leonard 1 that was straight classic. The build up was nice and the when final bell rang Duran was showing his to Leonard and Benitez i loved it. You can tell in the fight both of these dudes really wanted to hurt and humilate the other it was straight entertainment.
                    DeJesus 2 was also a good 1 Duran really wanted reveng and got it lol.
                    Last edited by Blue54; 12-26-2018, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
                      i dont dought it , i hated leonards guts after that fight he was a freakin clown in that rematch what a jerk he was and he only took the fight as he knew duran couldnt drop the weight quickly and be effective.
                      Honestly Duran lowkey deserved it he talking trash about Leonards wife and keep insulting over jealousy Leonard was really tryna be nice upuntil he had enough.

Comment

Working...
                      X