No announcement yet.

Now we know why AJ wants the fight in the UK

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
    I would be able to understand at least a referee being inexperienced, but wilder taking first 4 rounds
    What the **** does it matter if it's split draw or majority draw

You think Tyson not be given the opportunity to get up and losing by KO is better

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      What the **** does it matter if it's split draw or majority draw
      It matters that that judge would give it to wilder even without the KDs... and it should have not be a DRAW to start with.

Comment

It matters that that judge would give it to wilder even without the KDs... and it should have not be a DRAW to start with.
        That’s your opinion

That Brit judge scored it 113-113 so there goes that argument

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          That’s your opinion

That Brit judge scored it 113-113 so there goes that argument
          And the opinion of 95+%/of this forum, virtually all boxers and commentators tonight...

Comment

And the opinion of 95+%/of this forum, virtually all boxers and commentators tonight...
            Anyone that had Fury winning by more than 2 points is hating on Wilder and if a fight is that close (within 2 points ) its not a robbery

I agree that judge score card was ridiculous but so is anyone that had it 10-2 for Fury like 90% of the rbr thread

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
              Exactly.

No way he can win on cards in US.

He could knock Wilder out in the first and still lose an SD

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
                I'm sure a lot of UK referees would have waved off the fight when Fury appeared to be out cold lying on the canvas.
                YOu guys do have a perception of U.K. judges but generally when fights are waved off controversially it’s whej the fight is one sided and it’s viewed that the fighter has no chance to win; they usually take that into consideration.

It is rare (obviously not impossible) for a round 12 stoppage because they will usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

To claim “if” and “buts” is a bit silly but equally Fury can’t really complain too much given he was on the canvas twice! Not many win in the cards when they have done that!

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                  YOu guys do have a perception of U.K. judges but generally when fights are waved off controversially it’s whej the fight is one sided and it’s viewed that the fighter has no chance to win; they usually take that into consideration.

It is rare (obviously not impossible) for a round 12 stoppage because they will usually give them the benefit of the doubt.

To claim “if” and “buts” is a bit silly but equally Fury can’t really complain too much given he was on the canvas twice! Not many win in the cards when they have done that!
                  It's widely recognized that UK referees tend to stop fights prematurely, even competitive ones. A referee is also not qualified to determine when a fighter has no chance of winning.

I for one, hate when they stop a fight because a fighter is dropped two or three times in the same round (no Corrales vs Castillo I) or wave a fight straight off when they see a fighter lying on his back on the canvas (no Fury vs Wilder).

In this case (Fury-Wilder, second knockdown), it's not only UK referees but I think most referees who would have stopped the fight without a count, and it would have been a bad decision.

Comment

Were any of the judges even from the US? I think one was from Canada and one from Mexico. Don’t remember where the 3rd one was from.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                      Were any of the judges even from the US? I think one was from Canada and one from Mexico. Don’t remember where the 3rd one was from.
                      LAst judge was uk. He went for a draw

Comment

Working...
                      X