Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Loma even get credit for beating Teofimo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    The Cruz fight is at 130. Make a case where Lopez is more accomplished overall than Santa Cruz.
    Originally posted by Ca$ual Fan View Post
    Well I didn’t know they’re gonna fight @130. Either way, Sta Cruz haven’t any jack at 130 too. Didn’t he just got awarded a vacant ‘super‘ belt that he didn’t deserve? Lopez is more accomplished @ 135 than Sta Cruz is @ 130.

I would even go further that Rigo > Sta Cruz even at 130. Had they fought, I would have bet on Rigo at any weight class
    Did not know that either.

A few points:

1) I am not high on Santa Cruz really either; think he is a classic case of being the right type of guy to sell to fans and he gets overhyped (and favorable decisions) relative to his ability level

2) As such, Teo is a much more dangerous fight at 135 than Leo at 130. Leo is not hurting anyone, and Teo could put Loma or anyone else out at 135. I would say that for Loma as well - if he was fighting Leo at 130 or Teo at 135, I would say the fight with Teo is a much more dangerous fight.

3) We will see what weight Davis comes in at on the scales**. If he is close to 130 pounds I will be SHOCKED

Comment

Hell yes, even if people will use the "Teofimo was too young" excuse, Loma will still have Unified the 135 Division with that win

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
        I have a feeling this will be just like the rigo fight, 50/50 going into the fight and then afterwards rigo magically became too old and small.

I believe that Loma wont get any credit for beating teofimo the excuses will be teofimo was "too young" "too green" "they threw him in too early".
        This is nothing like the Rigondeaux fight. Rigondeaux was too small and Lomachenko said that himself. That's a ridiculous comparison.

Lopez is bigger, young, and very hungry and this is a unification fight. He's a legitimate threat. Lomachenko will get plenty of credit for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
          3) We will see what weight Davis comes in at on the scales**. If he is close to 130 pounds I will be SHOCKED
          - -Ain't gonna be a shock.

Tanksy is Boner 2.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Al Broker View Post
            Loma “doesn’t” as if it’s synonymous to “can’t.” Lol

Is "can't" and "doesn't " synonymous?

Nope. But dumb dogs don't know that do they. Is English your first language?

Yeah. Maybe Lomachenko should have pulled a Canelo vs Linares and all those other guys.

No. We won't fight you at 135. We want the fight at 131 pounds. You also need a rehydration clause so you dont gain too much weight. We also have to fight on my home turf.

Rigo? Please. Real champs fight guys two divisions lower. Look at what Floyd did. Look at Canelo and Khan. Oh yeah. Real fearless champions. Awesome wins!

Lmfao! Youre ****ing pathetic if you think you even deserve to be in this conversation with how much Canelo coc.k you suck.

Comment

He is not the first or last boxer to have haters....i see people in this thread who have done it to fighters who have accomplished far more

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                My point is he doesn't need praising for every single thing he does. Everything he does his fans go OTT and demand everyone worships him like they do, then cry he's being treated unfairly when you don't.

Lopez is big and can punch, that is all and it doesn't make it a 50/50 because its not. This kid is not on Loma's level and never will be.

You even have people talking Teo up now as an amateur - He went to the olympics to represent Hondoras who had nobody else and he didn't even score a single point let alone win anything & that was less than just 4 yrs back
                I've not seen one person bring up how great Lopez is especially if the guy claims to be a fan of Lomachenko.

Most people think this fight is a wash and I dont disagree. I've not seen one person talk about how great Lopez was an amateur because the fact is he wasnt.

He wasnt good enough to make the American team but was allowed to be on the Honduras team because Honduras grants dual citizens to those born outside Honduras but of Honduras decent.

He did nothing in the Olympics.

And why not like Lomachenko? Hes a breathe of fresh air compared to all these young guys who only know how to talk. At this point he's wiped out most of the big threats in the division by himself fighting for a world title each time. You cant even say that about many other guys.

Who's doing all tbis talking up? I've seen no one do this.

Comment

No he must win a tittle at 140 or probably beat some top 10 in 147.

Beating a very good young prospect should be routinary for a top p4p boxer

Comment

Fair question. Walters was pretty badass at the time but nobody gave a fck (about the win) after Loma schooled him and put the quit in him. Ideally Lopez should have another fight or two before taking this one because it's inevitable that the "he was too green" post fight comments will surface.

Comment

I already said this, but the irony of a Davis fanboy criticizing Lomachenko's resume is hilarious.

Tell us who Davis has beaten that was as good as Linares, Pedraza, Walters, or Rigondeaux.
                      Last edited by VG_Addict; 09-23-2020, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X