Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does the NRA go quiet whenever there's a mass shooting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    People break every law, does that mean there shouldn't be any laws?

Step your game up.
    There are also laws saying shooting other people is illegal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      That again doesn’t answer my questions..

What’s the criteria for mental illness for banning guns?

On Prozac? Yes or no

PTSD? Yes or no

Why can’t you or Bernie answer
      You think this lady should be allowed to own a gun?

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        There are also laws saying shooting other people is illegal.
        and? If people are willing to go that far then they don't care, so what do you do? You make it more difficult for them to commit that crime. Ban and harsher punishments for supplying and possession of firearms. Worked in Australia. Of course criminals will still be able to acquire them same as anywhere else in the world, but much harder and most criminals aren't willing to sell to average Joe they don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
          Assault rifles have been banned in the US for decades. When the media says "assault rifles" they literally just mean semi-automatic firearms. A ban on semi-autos would be a constitutional crisis as it would completely reverse the self-defense context of the constitution & restrict the 2nd amendment to increasingly obsolete hunting weapons.
          Any argument that relies upon the constitution as its foundation is very weak as it’s so easily rebutted e.g. it’s already an amendment and there’s literally nothing to stop it being changed again

Likewise, talk of needing guns to protect people from the government is rightfully dismissed by many as nonsense

Fact is that many in the US simply like guns and there’s nothing wrong with that

I gather that you hunt

Australia/NZ have tough gun laws and lots of people hunt so it’s entirely possible for the 2 to co-exist

Same with collectors and sports shooting

Comment

People break every law, does that mean there shouldn't be any laws?
            Just answer my question.

And not with a question.

Bans don't work, so what other solutions do you have to offer?

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            Step your game up.
            You've ducked my question, so speak for yourself.

Maybe once you answer it you cant get snarky. But don't duck questions while being snarky. It's a bad look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
              Any argument that relies upon the constitution as its foundation is very weak as it’s so easily rebutted e.g. it’s already an amendment and there’s literally nothing to stop it being changed again

Likewise, talk of needing guns to protect people from the government is rightfully dismissed by many as nonsense

Fact is that many in the US simply like guns and there’s nothing wrong with that

I gather that you hunt

Australia/NZ have tough gun laws and lots of people hunt so it’s entirely possible for the 2 to co-exist

Same with collectors and sports shooting
              I don't hunt, love animals too much. I own guns & know marksmanship specifically for empirical political reasons. Then again I also owned guns when I lived abroad. I will never obey a law stipulating personal disarmament — not only are they statistically irrational but they're humiliating.
              Last edited by ////; 02-17-2018, 05:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Just answer my question.

And not with a question.

Bans don't work, so what other solutions do you have to offer?

You've ducked my question, so speak for yourself.

Maybe once you answer it you cant get snarky. But don't duck questions while being snarky. It's a bad look.
                I did answer you question. Every law gets broken, doesn't mean there shouldn't be laws.

Comment

I did answer you question. Every law gets broken, doesn't mean there shouldn't be laws.
                  So other than a gun ban, you have no other solutions to gun violence.

That is correct, is it not?

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Yep, he got put back on permanent ignore last week. Against my better judgment I removed him after he begged for me to give him another chance. As sure as there is a mustache in Mexico, this guy went right back on the attack with his insanity. Knowing he is on ignore he proceeded to bash me for attention and validation from other posters. Starting another childish thread about me in order to continue his antagonizing and baiting. That backfired.
                    Why are you constantly ducking travestyny ?

He kicks your ass everytime you try to engage and has you running feverishly across the forum asking your fellow racist buddies for help

Man up, b1tch

Comment

• Bans don’t work apparently

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/wonk/wp/2018/02/15/its-time-to-bring-back-the-assault-weapons-ban-gun-violence-experts-say/?__twitter_impression=true

Comment

Working...
                      X