No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: I'm Going To Be The Last Man Standing at 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
    I feel it's inevitably gonna boil down to him and Crawford for the 147 Crown. The only issue I see at least right now is neither guy is really a BIG name to make that fight even next year a big commercial fight which it would be deserved of. First, let's see how they work out Showtime and ESPN having to collab (which in essence is Disney and CBS). I don't feel either is gonna put their best against the best unless there's major money to be made on both sides.
    That is how I feel. I really respect Crawford, but Spence is a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir_Didymus View Post
      I already had Spence as the last man standing at 147lb two years ago. Crawford will fold once tagged. Spence will literally break him. Then again I've been seeing Crawford showing his walking around weight as 177lbs which isn't Bradley, Brook and Spence type of big welterweight who walk around at 180-185lb confirmed but it's bigger than Khan and Algieri types who walk around at 165-170 confirmed. They're not even true welterweights to begin with.

Crawford actually weighs similar to Thurman if this is true.

Crawford makes it interesting I have to say and really looking forward to that fight.
      Crawford is a beast and so is Spence. But Spence proved that he can take in coming very well when he fought Brook.

Crawford was visibly hurt and staggard by a much smaller Gamboa so that raises concerns of how much punishment he will be able to take from Spence.

However, Crawford is dangerous even when he is hurt as proven when he KO'd Gamboa with that uppercut even though he was hurt and staggard at the time.

Comment

I think both Crawford and Thurman have a good chance to beat Spence. They are better technically.

Comment

Man down season.

Comment

Right now Spence has all the hype behind him and looks like the man to beat

Especially with Thurman injured and inactive and Crawford untested at WW

But things change in boxing so quickly all it takes is 1 so/so performance ( even if the competition is elite ) and everyone jumps to next fighter

But right now Spence looks like the guy to beat and to me would be favoured against any WW.

Comment

backing spence to do what he says here

Comment

the ww division is currently filled with talents, won't be ez

Comment

January 20th should give us good fuel to stoke this fire, Peterson is a stern test, a better fighter than Brook IMO but unfortunately hasn't been active.

If I could play matchmaker Spence/Crawford is the fight I want to see. It's all about styles right? Crawford is an elite talent, p4p fighter but maybe a fraction overrated?? And I think Spence has yet to reach his prime, his best performances are surely still to come.

Man I want to see this fight! TC is only 30 tho, so this fight can sit awhile and not get stale. Honestly, with the way boxing's going lately and Top Rank running TC's show, it will be a miracle is this fight comes off. Seems like it would be too good to be true...

Comment

The best thing to happen in the welterweight scene is for both Spence and Crawford struggle in their next fights, so the rest of the elite grow a pair and fight them.

Porter said he is going a different belt route so didn't want to fight Spence right now. Spence also offered Garcia a shot at his belt, but Garcia is fighting Rios. Thurman says maybe in 2019 he will fight Spence.

Comment

Working...
                    X