Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition

Old 05-26-2018, 07:10 PM #11
No More UK Stoppages

Quoted: 11147 Post(s)
ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 46,698.95
Total Points: 82,629.25
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 
valuable advice to training forum - jas Thanks for the green man,I should have won poster of the year,but the site is in denial.bitches huh ? - Scott-Weiland All in .&w - BERNIE'S CORNER Phone spazzed on gift giving. Can't green ya but have this beer on me. All in good fun ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Easily one of the best posters on the forum - JK1700 
To wipe that ass lol - BigZ44 Good thread and comments - maracho A truce - lfc19titles A truce - lfc19titles 

Some nuggets of wisdom from the master:

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]

ShoulderRoll is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-27-2018, 08:33 PM #12
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 421 Post(s)
HeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond reputeHeadBodyBodyBody has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,127.16
Total Points: 12,846.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
Some nuggets of wisdom from the master:

Duran really was a master of inside fighting, man, he makes it look graceful, poetry in motion, underrated defensively too
HeadBodyBodyBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:16 AM #13

Quoted: 3898 Post(s)
OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,121.55
Total Points: 35,687.00
Long Overdue. For your contribution to NSB. - 1hourRun I concur - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
Duran really was a master of inside fighting, man, he makes it look graceful, poetry in motion, underrated defensively too
Inside fighting, women, booze. Nobody could hang with a prime Duran.
OctoberRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:36 AM #14
Up and Comer

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Coyote142 will become famous soon enough
Bank: 1,005.00
Total Points: 6,195.34

I just get in close by either holding my gloves up, head movement and absorbing a few shots, slip a punch and throw a left hook or two, that is usually enough to get them to either back off or try to get away. I don't clinch, I hate clinching, it's gay.
Coyote142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 12:01 AM #15

OctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond reputeOctoberRed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote142 View Post
I just get in close by either holding my gloves up, head movement and absorbing a few shots, slip a punch and throw a left hook or two, that is usually enough to get them to either back off or try to get away. I don't clinch, I hate clinching, it's gay.
I do some of these moves.

Old 06-03-2018, 11:48 AM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
StefanTosic has a reputation beyond reputeStefanTosic has a reputation beyond reputeStefanTosic has a reputation beyond reputeStefanTosic has a reputation beyond reputeStefanTosic has a reputation beyond reputeStefanTosic has a reputation beyond reputeStefanTosic has a reputation beyond reputeStefanTosic has a reputation beyond reputeStefanTosic has a reputation beyond reputeStefanTosic has a reputation beyond reputeStefanTosic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,045.91
Total Points: 8,571.53
Thanks for the green K - Boxing Goat 

For the phonebooth fighting, it's always great to pivot around the opponent, in order not to be squared up right in front of him. Some of the things I found pretty effective were to keep my guard up and wait for the opponent to open up by being the first to throw, than counter him. But to do it, you have to believe in your handspeed and timing. That's something Gassiev did many times against Dorticos.

Or as somebody else wrote, you can keep your head out of the center, on your opponent's shoulder, like Duran used to do a lot, but than again you have to pay attention to your opponents rear hand and be ready to block it with your lead shoulder, or slip it (given that both of you are in ortodox stance).

It would help you a lot to spin him as much as possible while fighting in a phonebooth, instead of staying there in front of him all the time. It makes it much more difficult for him to hit you.

The options are limitless, it only depends on how creative you are. You can leave the right side of your head opened on purpose for the left hook (or any other target on your body for that purpose), than weave underneath and counter it.

Study Duran, Roman Gonzalez and James Toney.

Now for breaking out of clinch, GGG and Loma videos are great, but there's another creative solution: When your opponent trap your arm between his upper-arm and body...
1 - Start pulling it out AS IF YOU WANTED TO FREE YOURSELF JUST BY PULLING OUT
2 - Than quickly do the opposite and push your arm all the way in inside, between his arm and body
3 - Bump him back explossively with the shoulder of your trapped arm, which would make you get out of his clinch
4 - Immediately after that
a - Either club him with the other hand that was free (if it was free) and than follow with the uppercut with the hand you just got out of clinch
b - inverse it - after bumping him back explossively with your shoulder, throw the uppercut with the same hand you just got out of clinch, than throw the hook with the other

Last edited by StefanTosic; 06-03-2018 at 12:01 PM.
StefanTosic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:53 PM #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanTosic View Post
For the phonebooth fighting, it's always great to pivot around the opponent, in order not to be squared up right in front of him. Some of the things I found pretty effective were to keep my guard up and wait for the opponent to open up by being the first to throw, than counter him. But to do it, you have to believe in your handspeed and timing. That's something Gassiev did many times against Dorticos.

Or as somebody else wrote, you can keep your head out of the center, on your opponent's shoulder, like Duran used to do a lot, but than again you have to pay attention to your opponents rear hand and be ready to block it with your lead shoulder, or slip it (given that both of you are in ortodox stance).

It would help you a lot to spin him as much as possible while fighting in a phonebooth, instead of staying there in front of him all the time. It makes it much more difficult for him to hit you.

The options are limitless, it only depends on how creative you are. You can leave the right side of your head opened on purpose for the left hook (or any other target on your body for that purpose), than weave underneath and counter it.

Study Duran, Roman Gonzalez and James Toney.

Now for breaking out of clinch, GGG and Loma videos are great, but there's another creative solution: When your opponent trap your arm between his upper-arm and body...
1 - Start pulling it out AS IF YOU WANTED TO FREE YOURSELF JUST BY PULLING OUT
2 - Than quickly do the opposite and push your arm all the way in inside, between his arm and body
3 - Bump him back explossively with the shoulder of your trapped arm, which would make you get out of his clinch
4 - Immediately after that
a - Either club him with the other hand that was free (if it was free) and than follow with the uppercut with the hand you just got out of clinch
b - inverse it - after bumping him back explossively with your shoulder, throw the uppercut with the same hand you just got out of clinch, than throw the hook with the other
You broke it down nicely. Kudos for that.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:18 AM #18
Up and Comer

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Ren28 has a reputation beyond reputeRen28 has a reputation beyond reputeRen28 has a reputation beyond reputeRen28 has a reputation beyond reputeRen28 has a reputation beyond reputeRen28 has a reputation beyond reputeRen28 has a reputation beyond reputeRen28 has a reputation beyond reputeRen28 has a reputation beyond reputeRen28 has a reputation beyond reputeRen28 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,000.00
Total Points: 6,103.00

yeah good stuff. thanks
Ren28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:47 AM #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren28 View Post
yeah good stuff. thanks
Anymore videos coming?

Share This With Friends

Tags
fighting., general, inside, tips

User Tag List