Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Real Prospect Fight Is Devin Haney vs Teofemio Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lopez has looked more explosive and due to his personality I suspect will continue getting more buzz but I feel Haney is the better talent overall. He's much better defensively, faster, better footwork etc; I think he has the higher ceiling and already an early style advantage. He's likely further away from where he'll be in 2-3 years than what Lopez is at this stage too.

I'd say both are in the top 2-3 prospects in the game currently.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Lopez is a notch above IMO. He has intangibles that suggest he won’t allow Haney to cute his way to a decision.
      Yep, Lopez is definitely ahead of him right now. But Haney is still getting his grown man strength while Lopez has had it the day he turned pro. What I want to see is how Lopez fights against someone who has movement though. He's a great counter puncher but want to see him lead against someone who could box and move. If he is as good on the front foot as he is in the pocket? Then yeah, good luck dealing with this beast.

Lopez vs Ortiz at 140 though>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        Lopez has looked more explosive and due to his personality I suspect will continue getting more buzz but I feel Haney is the better talent overall. He's much better defensively, faster, better footwork etc; I think he has the higher ceiling and already an early style advantage. He's likely further away from where he'll be in 2-3 years than what Lopez is at this stage too.

I'd say both are in the top 2-3 prospects in the game currently.
        Haney definitely has better movement but that is because Lopez is already so strong and confident in the pocket. Haney is growing into that. You have seen the last few fights Haney sit in the pocket and throw some heat. He didn't used to fight that way. So yeah, who knows who the better fighter will be in two years, but right now it is Lopez.

The US boxing scene for young prospects/contenders/amateurs is REALLY good right now. So many good youngsters on the way up. Will be fun to see which ones separate from the pack.

Comment

No. Right now it's Haney.

Comment

Hell no

Haney is a pitty pat runner plain and simple he went 10 rds againsnt Menard yet Teofimo destroyed menard in 1.

No comparison Teofimo is the better fighter and the better prospect easily and he’ll continue to show it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Lopez has potential fights with Loma and Crawford. Imagine if he wins both? The push he'd get from ESPN coupled with his ability to sell seats and he would become a major player in this sport.
              hell yea the future bright for that dude, one flaw I think he has is he inside game is kinda weak.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                hell yea the future bright for that dude, one flaw I think he has is he inside game is kinda weak.
                Yeah but that is because he is still a prospect and he is just able to bang guys out. My fear is he could be like Fernando Vargas and get blown out by more skilled guys the same size if he doesn't.

But yeah this dude IMO has jumped ahead of Conlan, Haney, Stevenson and any other top prospect as the guy to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                  Hell no

Haney is a pitty pat runner plain and simple he went 10 rds againsnt Menard yet Teofimo destroyed menard in 1.

No comparison Teofimo is the better fighter and the better prospect easily and he’ll continue to show it.
                  The mistake I think you are making is that when you fight at the top level and your power gets neutralized by better defense you need to be able to win other than by KO.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
                    Hell no

You dudes STILL stuck on rock'em sock'em Haney beats teofemio.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                      yeah I think i heard haney talking about it will be worth MILLIONS down the road...

man this is the fight I want to see right now.

yeah im afraid they gonna save this one for the future for big money,

I hate how these new prospects are aware of the possible $$$ in the future for great match ups instead of wanting to see who taht dude RIGHT NOW! I also heard tank saying he dont want ryan right now and hopes he stays undefeated for a future mega $ fight down the road.
                      What sense does it make for them to fight now.

Comment

Working...
                      X