No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs Finalized For May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
    No, no and no. Trout never had a prime. Lara left his best years in Cuba and GGG is as old as the hills.
    Okay.........................

Comment

I can't stand Canelo but anyone talking down on this fight is being unreasonable. This was the best fight that could be made at mw.

Comment

That's a good fight. Canelo will be a big favorite but Jacobs is solid.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
          No, no and no. Trout never had a prime. Lara left his best years in Cuba and GGG is as old as the hills.
          Who really beat Lara before Canelo? Trout was not far removed from boxing Cotto's ears off and GGG was the favorite when they fought. If lying makes you feel better about Canelo fighting top notch opponents then it just shows how jealous you are of the man.

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
            Where’s everybody that said he wouldn’t fight jacobs next? That it was gonna be lemuiex?
            I was one that thought that. I was wrong. Kudos to taintedmeatelo.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
              Danny Jacobs is no punching bag there to pick up a check. make no mistake, Danny is well spoken and dressed but he is a mean, mean guy in the ring and he can fight. The one thing Canelo does have that Danny might struggle with are his angles, Canelo fights from weird angles, hits hard and he's hard to catch flush without getting caught flush in return.

PS, Charlo would have been an easier fight. My hat is off to Canelo.

Oh, and as for comparing this with the GGG fight...there is no comparison. As a mater of fact I would give the edge to Jacobs over GGG in a rematch
              I like Danny j have been watching him along time, I ment I hope he don't get gun shy because of canelos counters, but Danny j has more than enough to do a job on red and I hope Oscar doesn't try weight fuk him with a bs clause

Comment

Excellent fight. A worthy challenger.

Comment

Very solid fight and not PPV. Jacobs impressed me with the Deveryenchenko (I know I butchered that spelling) win. I think stylistically this is a challenging matchup. Jacobs is big, athletic and can box. He can crack hard enough to keep fighters honest. Canelo has improved, I thought he lost a very close fight in the first GGG fight and I thought he eked out a close win in the 2nd. Honestly, I'm glad I get to see him fight someone different who poses different matchup problems.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post

This is an illegal punch from Jacobs in that promo pic!! That's clearly a rabbit punch from the miracle man Jacobs, keep that up and he'll be DQ'd!!

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                      This comes down to real SIMPLE:

If You KO Canelo you win

If it goes to the judges YOU LOSE

THOSE JUDGES will be paid handsomely!!😂😂

All clenelo has to do is stay above the mat and he wins😂
                      I think it is more like if it is reasonably close (and reasonably has a wide berth) Canelo is most likely going to get the decision. Jacobs is going to have to win decisively to get the nod IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X