No announcement yet.

Better counter-puncher: James Toney or Juan Manuel Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better counter-puncher: James Toney or Juan Manuel Marquez

Both were known to be tremendous counter punchers, particularly the right hand counter. They also threw punches in combos, had great chins, and were willing to take a punch to land their own punches in return, although their styles were very different.

Who do you think was the better counter puncher in your opinion?

both very good but im gonna go for marquez

Comment

hard one but ill go with tony hes my fav fighter of all time he was so smooth wit it!

Comment

Marquez was more consistent with it.

Both struggled with guy's who didn't engage though

Comment

james toney hands down.

aside from fighting manny and giving him a hard time, im not that really impress with marquez. he just got pac figured out.

i think he got lucky when matched with pac early on in their career which continue on a rivalry. i feel if he never fought manny, most people wont even know who marquez is.

he looks like crap in the bradley fight. i've never seen him get clown like that.

Comment

Marquez is my favorite fighter of the past 20 years but I gotta say James Toney is superior in the counter punching department.

Comment

I'm gonna say Toney here. So, so slick.

In saying that, had he slipped a few more punches, he wouldn't be talking like a drunken sailor now.

Comment

Both were pure strategist when countering but I have to lean towards Marquez.

Comment

Marquez better on the Exchange
                  Toney better counter puncher

Comment

Jmm counter with beautiful combo's while Toney was more of a single shot guy. I think Jmm performed on a higher level to be honest and his perfect counter punch made history for him

Comment

Working...
                    X