Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo-Golovkin Deal Pushes Back Joshua-Wilder Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Lord...

Comment

This is insufferable. I'm from the UK and even I can't defend this crap.

Comment

The sooner they fight the better but so long as it happens I'm ok with a delay.

Hearn is just doing his job to maximise revenue for the promotion and looking for the best date but aware that he has a mandatory waiting in the wings.

Listening to the rest of you guys is like being stuck in a ****** echo chamber.

Comment

Plain as day, Anthony Joshua aka Apple Jacks DOES NOT want to fight Deontay Wilder!

Anyone who thinks otherwise is suffering from Stockholm syndrome!

Just follow each and every lie, excuse and contradictions from Team Apple Jacks and you'll see who really wants to fight!

Wilder has done nearly everything he can to try and make the fight!

He literally called ALL their bluffs and now cuz Canelo and ggg are fighting in September it's a problem?

They could've been gotten that date if they would've offered the initial offer to Wilder with a serious venue, date and percentage and not just some fluff or take the damn 50 million in Vegas with no state tax and plus extra.money out the backend!

All Jokes Joshua is a coward and even some of his countrymen are waking up from the smell of pu$$y this guy got on!

Embarrassment to UK boxing legends

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            Sounds good to me. What's a couple months if this somehow guarantees more interest. He sounds somewhat for real to me this time although I find it odd to mention it's 100% going to happen and then later on say if the Wilder side doesn't agree we got Povetkin.
            I think people are just getting all emotional in their fanboyism. Nowhere is he saying the fight isn't happening he says it happening 100%.

What I understood from it is that if Wilder and his team are long in signing they'll take the Povetkin fight in September and then they could look at a date a few months later for Wilder. 2 interesting fights so I'm not complaining.

The reason they can do Povetkin in September and not Wilder, is that Povetkin isn't as big a fight so doesn't need as much spent hyping it up as everyone knows it's a warm-up for Wilder, a dangerous warm up no doubt, but it has potential to go south if AJ gets caught clean.

The Wilder fight needs its own weekend and not in the same month as another PPV as people don't like to pay for two so close together. I imagine what Hearn is promising Wilder in purse hinges on PPV buys, so they'll need to maximise that as much as possible.

It's easy to get all emotional about stuff, it's seems to be coming together so I'll be happy as long as it happens soon. I'd prefer if the sanctioning body allow a delay in the Povetkin fight so we can get the fight in November, but I doubt they'll be so generous if they think they can get double the sanctioning fees with two fights

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
              Plain as day, Anthony Joshua aka Apple Jacks DOES NOT want to fight Deontay Wilder!

Anyone who thinks otherwise is suffering from Stockholm syndrome!

Just follow each and every lie, excuse and contradictions from Team Apple Jacks and you'll see who really wants to fight!

Wilder has done nearly everything he can to try and make the fight!

He literally called ALL their bluffs and now cuz Canelo and ggg are fighting in September it's a problem?

They could've been gotten that date if they would've offered the initial offer to Wilder with a serious venue, date and percentage and not just some fluff or take the damn 50 million in Vegas with no state tax and plus extra.money out the backend!

All Jokes Joshua is a coward and even some of his countrymen are waking up from the smell of pu$$y this guy got on!

Embarrassment to UK boxing legends
              Everyone and their mother knew the fight was happening that day. It's absolutely pathetic from Team Joshua.

Comment

Finally Hearn & AJ showing themselves for what they are

Wilder going on a duck hunt

Its AJ thats held it all up...in record saying hed sign in a heartbeat for 50 mil...and its stalled since hes been put on the spot

The casual know nothings will swallow it
                Last edited by ukbox; 06-17-2018, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                  Well, it won't be a good idea to host it on the day Canelo vs GGG fight. So September 15 is a bad idea. September 8th Wembley is also booked.

I checked Wembley's schedule, and they don't have any bookings September 22nd or the 29th. I could understand if those were too close to Canelo vs GGG dates, but whats wrong with fighting in the Wembley in October? That would be the best time, there are two NFL games hosted on October 21 and October 28 (Titans vs Chargers and Eagles vs Jaguars). That would be the best time to host, IMO, because then you have an influx of American fans possibly already in town for those games.

Wembley is open stadium and U.K. Weather is unpredictable,Feb or march is the better time for the fight

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                    The sooner they fight the better but so long as it happens I'm ok with a delay.

Hearn is just doing his job to maximise revenue for the promotion and looking for the best date but aware that he has a mandatory waiting in the wings.

Listening to the rest of you guys is like being stuck in a ****** echo chamber.
                    I chuckled at that....

Hearn says the fight is 100% happening, I am all good with that for now. Considering where we were a few months ago, this is what we like to call "progress".

There were all tons of people saying Trip G was avoiding/scared of Alvarez or Vice Versa, but that fight happened because it made the most financial and historical sense for them both to make it happen. This is the exact same deal for Joshua and Wilder. It is the biggest payday for them both and it is the most important for their legacies. They will mix it up. I will happily wait for it.

Comment

Hearn had prior knowledge that this fight was going down, that Joshua/Wilder fight being announced was pure publicity. That fight wasn't made yet, no way no how.

Comment

Working...
                      X