Comments Thread For: Joshua Says Wilder Must Be "Realistic" in Unification Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Biolink View Post
    He literally said take it or leave it

Do you know what 'literally' means? Read your post, and read the quotes. Where does it say 'take it or leave it's?

It says he made an offer to fight Wilder next and if he doesn't fight it goes to Povetkin.

That's not saying 'take this offer or we won't fight you'.

Comment

• ... AJ said: "give me $50 million and I'll fight you"... they said: "OK"... right?

Comment

• Originally posted by englishoxide View Post
        hearn stated he sent an improved offer to wilder over 2 weeks ago.

Wilder has not run and leaked the details to the press this time so i think it's fair to presume it's not a bad offer?
        but you or nobody knows what it is, so why are you all saying its a better offer? Nothing is better than a 50mill offer. But we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
          but you or nobody knows what it is, so why are you all saying its a better offer? Nothing is better than a 50mill offer. But we will see.
          Hearn said it improved upon the original $12.5m for a UK fight. We don't know what it is because Team Wilder this time decided not to leak it to the press.

Wilder is not guaranteed $50m for a US fight and we certainly don't know how much he gets if the fight doesn't generate enough to become a 50/50 split, many on here were saying it is less than Hearn offered.

For argument's sake let's say the new deal for Wilder from Hearn equates to $15m (plus opportunity to become a PPV star if he wins, thereby increasing his future worth). If Wilder doesn't make it happen he goes back to Brezeale for $3m and no progression in his career.

For Joshua, he goes from $50m to let's say $35m and fights a more credible opponent in Povetkin, with Whyte and Fury on the horizon. He already has made much more cash than Wilder and is planning to reign for 10 years yet.

Who has the most to lose by not making this fight happen in the next 12 months?
          Last edited by EnglishOxide; 06-07-2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
            Hearn said it improved upon the original $12.5m for a UK fight. We don't know what it is because Team Wilder this time decided not to leak it to the press.

Wilder is not guaranteed $50m for a US fight and we certainly don't know how much he gets if the fight doesn't generate enough to become a 50/50 split, many on here were saying it is less than Hearn offered.

For argument's sake let's say the new deal for Wilder from Hearn equates to $15m (plus opportunity to become a PPV star if he wins, thereby increasing his future worth). If Wilder doesn't make it happen he goes back to Brezeale for $3m and no progression in his career.

For Joshua, he goes from $50m to let's say $35m and fights a more credible opponent in Povetkin, with Whyte and Fury on the horizon. He already has made much more cash than Wilder and is planning to reign for 10 years yet.

Who has the most to lose by not making this fight happen in the next 12 months?
            IMO all hearn had to do was negotiate a percentage in the first place as the A side to get the fight made. AJ will always make more money than wilder in the uk and in the first fight. unfortunately bro im just a broke boxing fan, these guys will always have more money than me watching either of them get rich isn't really of my interest, all I want to do is see the best fights asap, I understand the business side but I really don't care for it enough to put off seeing it to see my fighter get richer. turning down 50mil (which would have been his biggest pay) was a bit crazy imo but okay. I just want to see the fight man

Comment

• And you shouldn’t open up your big mouth, ask for 50 million, then duck!!!!

Comment

• Wilder and $50m in the same sentence. Big pay day for someone who loses balance when he throws a 'mill.

Comment

• Why should Wilder get anymore than GGG? Lol this is funny. GGG doesn't deserve 45 or 40% but yeah Wilder does! C'mon!

Comment

• 25-30% for wilder is probably fair.

Comment

• Hearn said today that he thinks the deal is close. He said American tv doesn’t want the fight in September so more likely he faces povetkin September then wilder end of year or beginning of next. He said he would want the wilder fight signed before he fights povetkin. Sounds promising

Is it possible when he refers to American tv he is actually referring to DAZN?

Comment

Working...
                      X