Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Puerto Rico has no more world champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Puerto Rico has no more world champions?

Except for Amanda Serrano I guess.

What has happened to the once great boxing scene on the island?

Wow that's hard to believe. Did they have any standout olympians this past summer?

Comment

Manny Rodriguez will be a champ by this time next year. He's the goods.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        Wow that's hard to believe. Did they have any standout olympians this past summer?
        I think they only had one fighter in the tournament and he was eliminated in the first round. Don't recall any Ricans at the youth world championships either

Comment

Verdejo should be getting a title shot this year too.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
            Manny Rodriguez will be a champ by this time next year. He's the goods.

Santiago is promising too. Just beat Jayson Velez in only his 7th fight

Comment

Nah, it's a tough tough time for my compatriots if they only followed PR fighters. Luckily for me, I just love the sport and know 2017 will still be a good year for boxing.

Comment

they been gearing up for this for years!

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  I think they only had one fighter in the tournament and he was eliminated in the first round. Don't recall any Ricans at the youth world championships either
                  Well Verdejo is still young but he has a long way to go, IMO before he's ready to step up. I guess in all fairness it's a small population . All it takes is one.

Comment

pretty fitting that a woman is their only champion if you ask me

Comment

Working...
                    X