Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Cotto weight drained when he fought Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    After the fight he said it wasn't an issue. About 2 years later, he claims he was weight drained.
    Seems to always be the case. Pre-fight of a CW, fighters are all like, "I feel great at this weight, better than I've ever felt before doe"...and then if they lose it's "but that catch weight doe". It's a convenient, built-in excuse.

I get that CW's can be an advantage for guys and a disadvantage for others, but like somebody mentioned -- if you don't like the CW, then don't sign the contract. Simple.

Comment

I actually picked Cotto in that fight. Only fight I picked against Pac when he moved into the 40's, besides JMM-Pac IV. Made a thread about Marquez stopping Pac in the championship rounds, but thread was deleted. My hectari greatness was denied.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        Yeah, Cotto was without a doubt in the best shape he had EVER been in heading into that fight. He even stated as such when interviewed. He thought that there was no way that Pac could beat him.
        he looked fast early too. some spots he was hanging with manny afew rounds. until pac took away his jab.

the thing about manny's speed was explained best by ray beltran.

he was asked who was faster/stronger. khan or pac.

he answered that khan is as fast and strong.

difference is as the rounds go on, pac seems to get faster and stronger while everyone else slows down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
          I actually picked Cotto in that fight. Only fight I picked against Pac when he moved into the 40's, besides JMM-Pac IV. Made a thread about Marquez stopping Pac in the championship rounds, but thread was deleted. My hectari greatness was denied.
          i thought pac was gonna lose barrera 03, delahoya 08 and now floyd.

let's keep the streak going.

Comment

If there's no advantage to having the c-dub, why expend valuable negotiating capital to secure it?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
              i thought pac was gonna lose barrera 03, delahoya 08 and now floyd.

let's keep the streak going.
              DLH-Pac. Damn, there goes another one. I will say that my pick was somewhat tempered by DLH-Forbes. I will admit that I thought DLH was too big for him when the fight was announced.

Ooooops.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                DLH-Pac. Damn, there goes another one. I will say that my pick was somewhat tempered by DLH-Forbes. I will admit that I thought DLH was too big for him when the fight was announced.

Ooooops.....
                he had just fought jmm2 that year.

my reasoning was if jmm can hit him, oscar can hit him harder. (longer reach, taller)

didn't know pac was gonna float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

thought pac was just a super fast brawler.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=339629

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
                    he had just fought jmm2 that year.

my reasoning was if jmm can hit him, oscar can hit him harder. (longer reach, taller)

didn't know pac was gonna float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

thought pac was just a super fast brawler.
                    I should just give all my points to tali right now.

Comment

I don't think he was some weight drained zombie, but cotto's punch resistance is always suspect the closer he is to 140...

At 140 he use to get rocked and dropped and since moving up to welter and higher, he has had better punch resistance.. I think going to 145 weakened that punch resistance..

Cotto was a live dog in the fight until manny caught him with shots he didn't see in the 3rd n 4th and that was basically the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X