Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you count boxers who get "upgraded" from Interim titles as legit champions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you count boxers who get "upgraded" from Interim titles as legit champions?

I personally don't rate them, but that is just my own opinion.

If your opponent gets injured and pulls out and you get promoted that makes you a champion by luck. It's worse when you compete in a very talented division like say 140 yet defend it against a no name or look questionable at beating "last chance at glory" legends. Even worse when they lose to guys they were almost certain of thrashing.

What do you guys think?

Any good examples?
    Yes
    14.29%
    No
    85.71%
    Last edited by Box-Office; 11-04-2014, 06:53 AM.

I don't consider them.

I don't see how you can be upgraded to a Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I don't consider them.

I don't see how you can be upgraded to a Champion.
      Good to know. Don't forget to vote.

Any good examples in last 3-4 years?

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        Good to know. Don't forget to vote.

Any good examples in last 3-4 years?
        Marquez at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Marquez at 140.
          Lol, that Fedchenko fight. That was embarrassing.

Salido is a more recent one and yeah Zbik.

Of course the one and only Scott Quigg.

Comment

Let me ruin this thread for you guys. Golovkin was promoted from interim champion to regular champion. He was also promoted from regular champion to super champion. Didn't win the WBA regular or WBA super titles in the ring.

There's also Omar Figueroa. Sergio Martinez at 154 (promoted from interim champ and never defended).

Comment

Khan is a bum.

Comment

there is one champion per division.

i recognize that the paper belts act to order boxing, but i don't recognize the guys who hold them neccessarily as champions.

the champion is the best fighter in the division. this can be established through lineage. the guy who beat the guy is the champion, and you can trace it back through history. you can establish a champion in the event of a vacant lineage by having a box off between the division's two best boxers. in the advent of promotor feuds, which rarely used to keep the biggest fights from happening, i'm willing to allow for a liberal interpretation of the box off rule. if the two best fighters in the division can't fight because showtime and HBO, or GBP and TR, have bleeding vagina's, then the lineage can be established with abox off between the top ranked contender, and his best available competition.

Comment

Better ask Robert Guerrero, he seems to be an expert

Comment

I hate the idea of being upgraded to anything in boxing. U fight and u earn that ****. Saif it before and I'll stick by it vehemently.

Comment

Working...
                    X