No announcement yet.

Need your opinions on my injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need your opinions on my injury

Hey guys I injured my shoulder 3 weeks ago through a partial dislocation which went back to its place again after a few seconds. It happened during sparring when I missed a punch. This is my second dislocation. The other one was last year July. It's really slowing down my progress as an amateur boxer because of the long recovery time needed.

After getting an MRI, the diagnosis was a 0.3mm tear at the rotator cuff and tendinosis in the supraspinatus. My first doctor told me to just go on with it and just go back to him if I couldn't take the pain anymore.. I didn't like that cause he didn't advice any fix at all and I know it may happen again. So I went to another doctor, he told me that he'll inject PRP into my torn tendons to fix it. I would just like to find out if any of you has tried this already. I'm not that well-off but if it's worth it, I'll spend money to be able to box again. Your opinions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

PRP means Platelet-Rich Plasma, by the way.

Comment

I don't think I'd bother with Platelet-Rich Plasma injections...it hasn't been proven to help.

http://orthopedics.about.com/b/2013/...or-helpful.htm

I'd say your standard therapy of rest...icing/heat and massage with stretching are the best options. Don't risk re-injury or you will make it a harder and less likely to achieve total recovery. Give it a long rest and then test things out slowly...don't risk making things worse if your not ready or you may have a life long problem.

Comment

Working...
      X