Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hasn't Prince Naseem Hamed been inducted in the HOF yet?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hasn't Prince Naseem Hamed been inducted in the HOF yet?

I consider it a TRAVESTY that british boxing great Naseem 'The Prince' Hamed has not been inducted in the hall of fame yet.

Achievements:
    #1 featherweight from 1996-2001.
    Lineal world champion at featherweight
    Won 3 world titles..made 15 defences
    Defeated 8 world champion
    Won 36 of his 37 fights
    KO % of 82 %..one of the highest ever

In his prime..the prince was THE MOST FAMOUS BOXER IN THE WORLD
    He considered retiring undefeated in 1999 because of his continous hand injuries but ADIDAS were offering him a $10 million a year contract

In his april 2001 defeat to barrera..he had a second hand surgery In jan '01..which was kept secret..he had to lose 20 pounds in 3 weeks to make it for the fight..and a close fight 115-113 on all three scorecards.

Naseem hamed should be inducted in the hall of fame..do you agree?

Because his reusme isn't even as good as Ricky Hatton.

Hamed beat Robinson, Medina, Kelley, Vazquez, Ingle, and Soto. Not exactly a Hall of Fame list of wins.

I'll take Hatton's wins over Tackie, Tszyu, Urango, Collazo, Paulie, and Lazcano over Hamed's wins.

Comment

He was the most entetaining featherweight ever THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER boxer like him.

He had devestating ko power. He got put down got back up and knocked u out.
      Thats why hes one of my favouroute of all time.
      But he dosen't deserve to be in the Hall of fame sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post

Hamed beat Robinson, Medina, Kelley, Vazquez, Ingle, and Soto. Not exactly a Hall of Fame list of wins.

I'll take Hatton's wins over Tackie, Tszyu, Urango, Collazo, Paulie, and Lazcano over Hamed's wins.
        Collazo whooped Ricky's ass!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
          It was a close fight. You couldn't say 100% without a doubt Collazo whopped him. Hatton actually landed more punches in the fight. Like I said, it was close. Collazo was really underrated in his day.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            No he didn't. It was very close and I think the knockdown was the difference. Anyway, Ricky wasn't even a genuine 147 fighter, so...

As to Hamed, I don't know why. I guess he didn't make a big impact with the US journalists who decide who gets into the HOF, or maybe he just didn't have enough fights in the US period.

Comment

I watched his interview yesterday on Sky Sports Sporting Heroes. Thought he came across well and was honest. Incredible that he was 2.5 stone overweight 8 weeks out from the Barrera fight.

Comment

It was a close fight. You couldn't say 100% without a doubt Collazo whopped him. Hatton actually landed more punches in the fight. Like I said, it was close. Collazo was really underrated in his day.
                Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                No he didn't. It was very close and I think the knockdown was the difference. Anyway, Ricky wasn't even a genuine 147 fighter, so...

As to Hamed, I don't know why. I guess he didn't make a big impact with the US journalists who decide who gets into the HOF, or maybe he just didn't have enough fights in the US period.
                It was one of those fights that could've gone either way depending on what you were looking for. I think the KD swayed the judges scorecards also.

Comment

Tackie? Urango!? Surely you're joking. I like how you leave off Bungu and don't mention that Hamed beat all the champs at FW even if they were stripped pre-fight. The thing is, hatton will probably get in.

jess willard is in the hof for christ sake

Comment

Is the only criteria for getting into the Hall of Fame whether or not your resume is as good as Ricky Hatton's?

I wasn't aware of this new rule.

Comment

Working...
                    X