Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaunroberts > atheism

Comment

• No religion.

There may be a god or creator of sorts but it's definitely not in the form of any of the ridiculous organised religions.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
        Of course it's organised, it's far more organised than other religions.

You all have a common belief (faith) that there are no such thing as God(s). Just like other religions, you claim to posses a truth that no one else has.
        Behave yourself son.

Your second point is a mildly interesting observation, but your first is a highly laughable one.

Comment

• what's a religion?

i follow the teachings of jesus christ and believe in god.

a word for the creator of all that exists not the greek/roman influenced ideas of gigantic humanoids with powers.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
            Of course it's organised, it's far more organised than other religions.

You all have a common belief (faith) that there are no such thing as God(s). Just like other religions, you claim to posses a truth that no one else has.
            By that logic everybody who doesn't believe in tooth fairies must be religious

Comment

• How can a lack of belief in religion, BE a religion?

That made no sense, I guess you can't get together to play in a basketball league because that would be a religion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                How can a lack of belief in religion, BE a religion?

That made no sense, I guess you can't get together to play in a basketball league because that would be a religion.
                lol, that's actually interesting and funny because sometimes in shows for football(soccer) games they talk of the sport as a religion in england.

not an official religion but the flocks of people to the games are like a religious practice.

that's why i asked what's a religion. because i would then, better know what the ts considers a religion.

Comment

• Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  lol, that's actually interesting and funny because sometimes in shows for football(soccer) games they talk of the sport as a religion in england.

not an official religion but the flocks of people to the games are like a religious practice.

that's why i asked what's a religion. because i would then, better know what the ts considers a religion.
                  I get what you are saying but the word is being used incorrectly. As much as people like to complain about atheism, it's not a religion or a dogma. It's not a theology because there are not tenants to which one is bound by.

It's simply one stance on one topic and that is it.

Comment

• Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
                    In fact, the more I look around, and think, the more I do believe there is a possibility of some sort of intelligent creation behind our existence, and all life on earth.
                    Elaborate please...

As to the thread topic, I'm an agnostic who wants to believe in a mystical being but I have a skeptical/logical view on the natural world and universe.

The more and more I look at the physical world the more I think things are just a matter of chance and that everything is governed by scientific/ physical laws.

I want to believe and I had a strong faith at one point in my life, but now I need some solid proof. I need to see a miracle, something that science cannot explain...

Comment

• Atheism is a religion as much as not collecting baseball cards is a hobby

Comment

Working...
                      X