No announcement yet.

What To Do?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] What To Do?

I have the chance to get a 60gb second hand PS3, in fully working order, or get a brand new slimeline PS3.

What's the better overall gaming console, am edging towards the 60gb, due to being able to play ps2 games

Thoughts?

I got the Fat PS3. In my opinion I would go with that. Only difference in them both is.

Hard Drive space
    Size
    Features

Here's a link of a the two compared.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...3-vs-ps3-slim/

Comment

Bump!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Depends what type it is. A good portion of the 60gb, and some of the older 80gb had problems which caused the YLOD. The reason they had problems was because sony used a differnet thermal paste which dried up and caused over heating. If this happens, then you have to get your PS reflowed. If you play ALOT of playstation. Get a new slim. If you are a casual gamer, it really doesn't matter. I had my 60gb since it came out, and I never turned it off (no exageration, I had this PS3 on 24/7 idle...), never cleaned it, and i eventually got the YLOD. And this happened probably 4 months ago when I got my YLOD. Lasted way longer than I thought. I have always been ignorant towards electronics.

My own opinion, get a slim. They run much cooler.

Comment

ps3 slim !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! had my 60gb ps3 ylod on me twice already. june 3 09 and around october 09, warrenty was over. so i fixed it myself, better then paying sony to fix it for 150, plus they dont guarantee permit fix. after the second time it happen been cleaning the dust on the outside with cloth everday and its been working ever seens, but i just a matter of time before it breaks again.

Comment

make that 3 times it got ylod march 31, 2010

Comment

Working...
            X