Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Gets Off The Floor, Knocks Klitschko Out in Eleventh

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ussy View Post
    It cost him the fight, that was beyond stupid. AJ was finished, he only recovered because Klitschko for some reason let him.
    When Klitschko watch the replay he's going to be disappointed because he let the fight slip away

Comment

• Originally posted by Arma316 View Post
      Lol at those people bring up Wilder. Y'all must be casuals. Or trolls. Either AJ or this current version of Wlad stop that no skill bum.

Mad respect to both AJ and Wlad, though. Wlad in particular at 41 showed me more than he did in a lot of his victories in terms of skill and WILL... AJ showed toughness and heart that many accuse him of not having.
      AJ needs to stay focused lol just like the Whyte fight, he almost blew it being premature with the celebration. He took all his energy getting too excited. He damn near KO'D himself. I wouldn't be surprised if he was dizzy from the adrenaline at that moment. It took three rounds for him to find his legs after that.

The fight was a classic.
      Last edited by Butch.McRae; 04-29-2017, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=JASON SHAW;17628878]HOLY FRUCKKKK! WILDER STILL KNOCKS OUT JOSHUA AND WLAD..... GREAT FIGHT!!!

Originally posted by Rudiamonds View Post
        Wilder kill AJ with a straight right hand point blank period if Klishko had a chin he would of won a UD
        Originally posted by JASON SHAW View Post
        JOSHUA HAS HORRIBLE BODYBUILDER STAMINA.... WILDER WILL FLATTEN JOSHUA IN 8 ROUNDS TOPS T FIGHT THOUGH....
        Originally posted by Freedef View Post
        30 second from end, and Joshua was totaly tired. Ref should not stop it. Had Wlad winning it. At least we know that Joshua is no big Deal, is chinny, and has zero stamina. Dont know why Wlad stopped pushing him in that 7, that cost him fight. Not sure about Wilder beating him because we dont know Wilders chin, but i know that King Kong can beat him.
        Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        if Wilder landed that right hand on Joshua though. LMAO

he has a shaky chin for sure.
        Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Congrats on the win proved me wrong

The youth won the day, Klit nearly had it in the bag....

Jousha chin can be broken, he almost fell apart in the fight, looked like a stiff robot at times

Would like to see how he does against a Wilder or a Fury

Fury put a boxing less on Wlad, something Jousha couldnt do
        Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
        windmill wilder puts AJ in a coma.
        Originally posted by mezoomozaa View Post
        Klitschko was winning before the K.O
        What are you talking about?
        Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
        respect to wlad he fought a good fight but he should have put it all on the line when he had aj hurt but that isnt in his nature.

aj needs to lose muscle, way too heavy. he got away with it today but against wilder or fury he is going to struggle.

massive respect to wald for someone his age to be bouncing around the right like he was doing tonight is incredible. passing of the touch fight
        Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
        41 yr old rusty lion almost stopped AJ.. windmill wilder will put him in ICU.
        Originally posted by miked85 View Post
        AJ dug deep and found a way to regroup, I respect that, but Tyson fury would jab and move around him all night, only thing that would worry me is Tyson chin
        Originally posted by Freedef View Post
        Swing and pray master Deontay Wilderito will put AJ in coma like he did to Szpilka. Wlad, who pop out his right 2-3 times in round broke AJ. Wilder who use his right almost everytime he uses jab will be big ass problem for AJ. Wilders one two with the hook at the end is destroying.
        Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
        I think Juiceua snubbed Deontay at the post fight interview, He acknowledged Tyson Fluffy...called him out even though he weighs around 500 pounds right now but he makes no mention of Deontay Wilder! whos in attendance!!! 'BombSquad' is active been calling you out but Juice didn't mention his name....when are these guys going to step up?!
        Originally posted by RuslanChagaev View Post
        Congratulations Joshua! WK must be retired so, he struggled very well for years but his period is over! If Deontay believes in himself and starts fighting against real fighters, he'll be best fighter in HW division. AJ has serious condition problems.

Comment

• People thinking that AJ has a shaky chin and that it was stopped prematurely? I see the amount of ******s in NSB hasn't dwindled

Comment

• Great fight, one of the most enthralling heavyweight fights i have seen in a long time. I seriously thought AJ was a sitting duck in the 5th and was just a matter of time. Wlads conservative fighting style probably help AJ there.
            Though Luck or not AJ had to dig deep to get the win. His power is unreal, whenever he unleashes, its like a tank coming towards you, problem is him punching himself out...

Was there a live fight thread? i cant find one
            Last edited by Slick_Rick; 04-29-2017, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              Klit is a coward. He was afraid of getting countered while he tryna finish Joshua. He's always been a coward, but it is that same cowardice that has made him such a good technician so you can't have it both ways.

His cowardice has helped him win a WHOLE LOT of championship fights but today it was a weakness.
              Definitely, but AJ was literally finished for 2 rounds. Totally finished. One or two big shots and it would have been over but you got the feeling that wlad was never interested in the KO. He tried to win it on points, it's unforgivvable to have a guy THAT HURT and not go for the finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
                AJ will not get the chance to recover vs wilder. those windmills will put him to sleep.
                Oh my God if Joshua had burned out like he did today he would have been in a comma or most likely in a coffin. Wilder is the most brutal finisher in the sport. He show him a 'glimpse', a mere 'glimpse' of unsturdiness or tiredness and he finishes you off like nobody's business.

Worst part of it is that Wilder doesn't tire. He can go haywire for a whole round and come back the next round and do the same thing.

AJ needs to come in at a career lightest when he faces Wilder if he wants to win.

Comment

• Some of the comments on this thread really crack me up. What I took away from the fight: 1) one of the most entertaining HW scraps I've watched in years; it had ebbs and flows for both fighters and a brilliant ending. 2) Wlad looked fantastic for 41 and displayed an entertaining, aggressive game. 3) AJ looked like tight at first then was winning and looked to finish it in the 5th, he came in reckless got caught and was gassed, I thought he was going to fold, he didn't. He showed mental toughness. Then it looked like Wlad would box his way to a win, but AJ turned things around with his 2nd wind and body attack.

For people to say that Wilder would destroy both, that Fury would give both a boxing lesson or that Wlad was a fraud is laughable. I like the Bronze Bomber but he hasn't faced anyone remotely near the skill level of a 41 year old Klitschko. Fury needs to show me he can get back in the ring and fight a meaningful bout, otherwise he's a talented but derailed former fighter to me. Wlad's longevity as a champion alone is enough of a defense against those that say he was a fraud. You can point to losses that happened earlier in his career but that was before he refined himself into a dominant and mostly boring champ.

Anyway, congrats to AJ and Wlad they both should hold their heads high for a helluva fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedef View Post
                    Not saying Wilder will. But now everybody will call Joshua out, and he will pick easiest fights. I am sure he wont fight King Kong or Wilder in 2017 nor first half 2018. Maybe he can get the fat Fury in that ring.
                    Yeah but fat Fury barely broke a sweat beating Klitschko. Klitschko only landed 52 punches on fat Fury in 12 rounds. I think people should start giving fat Fury a little more credit as he completely nullified Klitschko's arsenal...

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      He's not chinny. Joshua took a flush "headbutt" (most biased commentary by Showtime I have ever heard on either major U.S. network) in the 10th round that on replay was one of the hardest straight rights I have ever seen. His head snapped back like a jack in the box on a spring, but he stayed up and wasn't even hurt, I have no idea how.

Otherwise, I agree with you. Joshua's stamina is suspect and prime Klitschko would have beaten him. I also think the only reason his punches put Klitschko out, but not vice versa, was the 10 pound weight advantage. Still, that's part of Joshua's skillset, and Klitschko was also able to take advantage of being lighter by having better stamina for most of the night.

Joshua did well to get the win, but it feels more like the better fighter gave it away, than he took it. Joshua barely had any energy except for the start of rounds after he rested. All Klitschko had to do was jab and stay conservative the first minute of each round, and then take over the last two minutes when Joshua had nothing. Instead, Klitschko came out aggressive and got caught in the first 5 seconds of round 11. Very stupid. But, that's the hometown advantage at play. Normally Klitschko would be able to fight within himself and outscore the tired man to a decision, but he knew he would get robbed in the U.K., so he looked for the knockout himself even though he should have been ahead, and got caught himself.

That's why the victory feels somewhat hollow for me from Joshua's perspective. A 41 year old should have beaten him, and would have on neutral soil or if he had fought smarter. He also could have knocked him out in the 6th if he went for it there. Either go for it when it's there, or just take the decision by fighting smart. Klitschko got caught in between those smart options and picked a dumb option instead.

Also, when Joshua was dead in the 6th, he spit out his mouthpiece and got a 15 seconds rest. When Klitschko was hurt in the 11th, he did not spit out his mouthpiece. You can call Joshua smarter, although I think Klitschko doesn't do those things not because he's less smart, but because he's more honorable, but either way, little things like that can decide which fighter makes it out on their feet, and which one doesn't, in heavyweight slugfests like this.

For all those reasons, Joshua stock dropped for me. I was surprised how well Klitschko took his punches for most of the fight, and Joshua accuracy and stamina were both not as good as I'd hoped. Still think he knocks out Wilder early, before stamina becomes an issue, but Tyson Fury would still be the best heavyweight if he was in shape, and Klitschko would still be the best heavyweight if he wasn't old. This era is more exciting but I'm not sure it's as good. Deeper, yes, but the top guy is not as skilled.
                      That right hand you talking about came from nowhere. Yet it was 1/3 off full reach and AJ had his neck muscles relaxed because he did not expected it that is why his head went back. It was a solid punch but not one of the best ones.

Otherwise i agree with you. But still i think if Wilder catch him with any of his bombs AJ is going down. Only thing that is really really bad for wilder that he will be 20 pound lighter than AJ, but on the other hand Wilder never gets tired and he pops out that one two combination every second. Wlad threw that right hand 3 round per round wilder throws it 15 times per round.

Comment

Working...
                      X