No announcement yet.

Mankind's status in 2000 years?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    Well if we still exist in the first place lol There's probably a decent shot we're screwing up the environment so much that by then, who knows??? Or there's a shot we could blow ourselves to hell with nukes lol

But if we do make it to 4000 AD or whatever, life would be unrecognizable. Think about where the human race was 2000 years ago. Pretty much the known world had no clue half the other planet existed, thought the world was flat, worshiped fake ass gods (not all that different today I guess?), sacrifices were common within many cultures, women had zero rights whatsoever, and technologically humans were limited so much it's baffling.

We'll have so many crazy weapons by then. We will have probably explored our entire galaxy by then, and maybe even beyond. We've set up colonies all over the moon and perhaps even mars if possible. We will just know so much more about our existence and have so many more answers that are 100% conclusive by then.
    That is going to be impossible unless we figure out how to travel(or make probes that travel) at the speed of light or faster. Right now NASA's fastest spacecraft would take 78,000 years to get to our CLOSEST star which is 4.3 light years away(trillions upon trillions of miles). We would pretty much need alien like propulsion technology to visit Alpha Centauri in plausible time, let alone explore our entire galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      That is going to be impossible unless we figure out how to travel(or make probes that travel) at the speed of light or faster. Right now NASA's fastest spacecraft would take 78,000 years to get to our CLOSEST star which is 4.3 light years away(trillions upon trillions of miles). We would pretty much need alien like propulsion technology to visit Alpha Centauri in plausible time, let alone explore our entire galaxy.
      My bad, I probably meant solar system lol

I think the most realistic thing is colonizing the moon and venturing deep into Mars and how to create plant life there and what not.

Comment

Comment

One thing for sure is future society is knowledge based more than anything. You get nowhere without a proper formal education, most likely.

Comment

PlayStation 314 will be fully sick!!

Comment

In 2,000 year's they'll probably have iPhone 1,006s and about to release the iPhone 1,007.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X