Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Y'all want Lucas to continue and end up like Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Y'all want Lucas to continue and end up like Margarito?

A boxer's body is what pays their bills and provides them with financial security for their family, if Lucas does have a broken orbital bone as suspected and continued, he would most likely have gotten beaten up for the last two rounds in a fight where he admittedly lost his head and composure. Would you have preferred him to get up and take more punches and potentially have permanent damage to the eye forcing retirement? At least this way he gets to decide if he wants to fight again. Postol was just all wrong for him and is his kryptonite. No shame losing to the number 1 guy who even DSG didn't want to fight. Postol may just be the next big thing. Very slick and extremely difficult for anyone.

I fully understand if you feel that in essence he "quit" as boxing in some peoples eyes is fight until you stop breathing. I can only imagine how much stick Duran got.
    Last edited by SalimShady1212; 10-04-2015, 03:29 PM.

Who are you? Larryx?

"Ya'll"

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      Who are you? Larryx?

"Ya'll"
      I'm am not Larry, I am upset.

Comment

I can respect his decision as a man who has to make a living but i think less of him as a fighter now. I can't respect quitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
          I can respect his decision as a man who has to make a living but i think less of him as a fighter now. I can't respect quitting.
          I understand your point and can only imagine how much stick Duran got.

Comment

It's his choice, Matthysse said himself he could've gotten up but elected not to... nobody on a bloody forum should pass judgment on his decision.

Comment

As fight fans, we have a right to demand our fighters fight...that's the fight game. He said he felt a pop, fair enough, he quit...that makes him a quitter.

Comment

Originally posted by -Weltschmerz- View Post
                It's his choice, Matthysse said himself he could've gotten up but elected not to... nobody on a bloody forum should pass judgment on his decision.
                Especially when 99% of people wouldn't be able to take one punch from an average boxer. Boxing fans are so fickle and that's the way it is unfortunately. Lucas has given us so many great fights and this is the thanks he gets. He lost to a top boxer, you win some you lose some. And that's why I admire how much they respect fighters in the UFC. A loss doesn't make you a bum or hypejob.

Comment

many do not know but Lucus has damage his orbital bone in his career against some Argentina bum early in his career its on youtube and it got damage in the same spot against Danny. you would think he would have improve his defence after all that

Comment

Lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X