• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He will win him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2014
      No...

But he's the best win on David Haye's resume, despite being Wladimir's worst title opponent!
      I think Elroys point was a lot of fighters from the past the legends of the past their opponents are usually over fantasized and made out to be something they're not.

I still fancy Chagaev to beat Haye if that fight happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
        The greatest fighter of our era by far Freedom, there is no ducking and dodging by Wladimir just straight to the point.
        He carries the sport of boxing in a great manner with respect unlike many others who affiliate themselves with known drug cheats.
        thank you for posting this fight. Wladimir is not the greatest, but his jab is! this guy would kill Holmes' jab.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pugilist95 View Post
          His resume is trash, only 4 b level fighters are on it. The rest of them are c/d level or even below.
          I never claimed Pianeta faced great opposition as we would describe it today...

I claimed he faced better opposition than George Chuvalo.. More than good enough opposition for THOSE days

Comment

• Originally posted by Devostator View Post
            Perhaps some of those would have become HOFers if they hadn't been dominated by Wlad. Perhaps a few still will (Haye, who is coming back soon, Povetkin, etc).

Who gets into the IBHOF is a just matter of opinion anyway. There are some better HWs among Wlad's opponents than some of those who are in IBHOF.

How many PRIME IBHOFers did Larry Holmes, Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson or many other supposedly "great" heavyweights beat? If Wlad had beaten a faded Holyfield or faded Tyson, would that have made his resume greater?
            Plenty of WK's opponents have great chances to get into the HOF. Ruslan Chagaev is another for example.

And it is only, as you've pointed out, because they've all lived in such a dominated era that they haven't had much chance to shine.

In previous eras that were more alphabetic (like the Golden era for example), many guys got to be heralded because nobody was really good enough to dominate.

And totally true, if WK had beaten a faded Holyfield or shot Tyson, nobody would give WK any credit..

Example: How much credit does he get for Mercer, Botha and Rahman? F/A!

Comment

Working...
            X