Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis is one of the most underrated champions of all times. Shame shame shame.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
    Hmmm.. . So what will you say was Prime Vitali? In your opinion?
    Vitali that fought Peter, Gomez and Arreola is much better than the one who fought Lennox in my opinion.

Lennox is the great, big man.. I like him and I liked him even more when he was active. I always though of him to be better than Tyson (although very prime tyson was something special but it was for very short period of time so I can't fully take that into account).

But guys lets be real... It's just ridiculous to state any version of Lennox would beat prime Ali. Not even close.. Ali is much better in almost every department.

Speed - much much faster fighter - he could make it almost impossible for lennox to catch him - lennox isn't fast (not slow but still...).

Chin - incomparable! Lennox's chin is not that good at all and Ali's chin is one of the best ever (one quality of Ali that's often neglected, but he had an amazing chin and ability to recover fast).

Combos, jab, technique - although lennox was very good technical fighter he is no where near Ali's level. Ali had superior jab, could land more punches in combos and as he could do it much faster.

Power - only component I might give a slight edge to lennox due to superior size.

Stamina - Ali wins hands down! Prime Ali could dance 15 rounds without problem.

Mentality - Ali. The level of determination he showed in numerous fights (especially frizer and forman) is just unreal and nobody comes even close to that.

It could happen either KO in later rounds or very easy UD for prime Ali..
    To be honest no other HW great would do it much better against prime Ali.

Lennox H2H is in top5 and overall in top10...
    Last edited by Simurgh; 12-29-2012, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• Lennox puts the big coward Vitali to shame...

Vitali be a man and fight Haye, honor ur word u lanky prickk

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
        Lennox puts the big coward Vitali to shame...

Vitali be a man and fight Haye, honor ur word u lanky prickk
        Vitali never said that and lennox never did anything remotely close to put vitali to shame...

And stop trolling already!
        Last edited by Simurgh; 12-29-2012, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          Vitali never said that and lennox never did anything remotely close to put vitali to shame...

And stop trolling already!
          He beat the dog shart out of Vitali

Vitali said he would fight the winner of Haye vs Chisora, he said he wanted to KO Haye because his cowardly brother was unable to hurt Haye.

After he saw the way Haye handled Chisora, he got very scared and decided he wanted no part of the Hayemaker.

Vitali is a coward, he's only known for one fight where he lost...haha

Comment

• Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
            -Larry Holmes took it easy on Ali, he didnt want to hurt him, Holmes was Alis sparring partner for years..
            -Holyfield was past his prime, now the only reason why you can call him elite is because the HW division was and still is so weak. Anytime you have a MW that can go up to the HW division and actually win..that tells you alot of how strong the HW is..
            -Lewis..beat Foreman..come on dude..Lewis got knock out by a drug addict..and got KO'ed by Rahman..who was ok but not great..his chin was weak.
            -A prime Tyson would of murdered Lewis..How can you call Vitali an ATG?..well everyone has the right to there opinion..but the weakest division in boxing is the HW division..when was the last time that there was a HW PPV event..there is no talent there..its been like that for over 20 years..
            First of all. Holmes did not take it easy on Ali. Stop letting media press cloud your mind. He threw everything but the kitchen sink at Ali's corpse and couldn't ko him.

2nd of All.. Rahman in his prime wasn't a journeyman.He knocked out Prime Sanders.. you know the guy who knocked out Wlad.. You know who Wlad is right? Ohh the current HEAVYWEIGHT champ of the world?

3rd of all Mccall had one of the best chins in HW History, you probably don't know this because it won't fit your hateful agenda.

This is all the big punchers Lewis beat:
            Name me another heavyweight that beat as many big punchers:

Lennox Lewis beat:

Razer Ruddock
            Gary Mason
            Tommy Morrison
            Andrew Golota
            David Tua
            Rahman
            Mccal
            Grant
            Vitali
            Briggs
            Bruno

I'm not saying these guys were elite fighters, but every guy listed was a big puncher. Going by sheer power, going by KO %, going by stoppages.. These guys are the very definition of BIG Punchers and Lennox beat them all.

His chin was very underrated.
            Tyson didn't beat anywhere NEAR as many big punchers as Lewis.. Nobody did. Not even Ali.

Stay educated you misinformed pig.

Comment

• In regards to Lewis vs Foreman.

This is a very interesting match up. Prime Foreman's stamina was only shot to **** when he punched himself out. Lewis can not do this and hope to survive. Lennox do not have the chin of an Ali and to be honest it's not LL'S style to rope a dope.
              There's two possible scenarios here.

1- Lewis goes aggressive mode and attempt to out physical the physical beast in Young George. This is very risky because even though LL is bigger and heavier, Young George could very well be slightly stronger and pack a slightly bigger punch. That being said, I trust in Lewis's heart more then I trust in Foreman's and despite what people might think is 'advantage Foreman' I see a all out aggressive LL bomb Foreman to the ground within 2-3 rounds.

Foreman is easily caught with big bombs early and the truth of the matter is, Foreman was never tested against another Super Heavy. Lewis was tested against numerous 6'4+ super heavys. None of them were quite as good as Foreman, but his experience in dealing with fellow giants definitely give him the edge in a h2h.
              2- The more likely scenario will be LL impose his superior size and boxing skills to it's limits and dominate Foreman via a combination of tactics,power, and intelligent aggressiveness.
              What really made Lennox's jab tactics special is that unlike Holmes and Wlad (two fighters with equal or maybe even slightly better jabs) Lewis was able to mix in a huge variety of other punches to it as he box you on the outside.
              Combinations, upper cuts, overhands, he had it all and he will effectively dominant a foreman type from a tactical point of view.
              One fight that really stands out for me in terms of Lennox adapting to his opponents is Bruno.
              I know Bruno is not Foreman, but we really did see this tactic against him. When Lewis was losing the fight because he was not able to dominate Bruno via his jab work alone, he started winning the fight based on his fighting. Upper cuts, overhands, a few power combos and Bruno was done.
              We are talking about the BEST VERSIONS of both boxers in a h2h scenario. The best Version of Lewis would have treated Foreman like a virus, there is no way Foreman could have caught LL with something big. Lewis would either tactically dominate the slugging Preacher into a late TKO

or out slug the slugger early.

Comment

• In regards to Lewis vs Tyson.

Lewis vs Tyson

Tyson was often troubled by super heavies. Even during his prime, he became easily frustrated when fighting tall HW'S.
                Tyson did have freakish reflexes speed and his bob-weave style would create a difficult fight for Lewis.
                Lennox in his prime though was 243-245, 6'5 and had massive strength. He will use his superior size and strength to smother Mike and take away a lot of Mike's primary weapons.
                Tyson's style, was perfectly suited for Lewis. If the Lewis jab can keep Tyson at bay, it's a wide UD, with big right hands in between.
                If Tyson slips inside which he is prone to do during his prime, Lewis can use that right upper cut or tie him./lean on him. Lewis's superior strength will make it really really difficult for Tyson to get any sort of inside work going and he definitely won't allow Tyson to push him back.

Lewis TKO 11 or UD

Comment

• My foreman vs Lewis break down was pure ownage..

Don't even dispute anything I say unless you can give a equal break down.

Comment

• ali's resume s h i t s all over europe... deal with it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                      He beat the dog shart out of Vitali

Vitali said he would fight the winner of Haye vs Chisora, he said he wanted to KO Haye because his cowardly brother was unable to hurt Haye.

After he saw the way Haye handled Chisora, he got very scared and decided he wanted no part of the Hayemaker.

Vitali is a coward, he's only known for one fight where he lost...haha
                      Again you are trolling. Lennox himself said they were equal in that fight!

Why the hell the whole public requested the rematch if what you are saying is true...

And again VITALI HIMSELF never said he would fight winner of Haye-Chisorra.

Comment

Working...
                      X