Canelo Alvarez is an active legend

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most important moment of his career is losing to Floyd

Comment

Probably he is BUT he couldn't win a round against Floyd and on most people's scorecards lost twice to a fighter who was a couple years passed his prime.

Comment

I never seen a fighter that is a ATG without one great win he dominated or won without debate. All his big fights end up debatable on who really won.

Comment

Def a hall of famer. Easy. Not an atg yet though but he’s got his best years to make a case (assuming he hasnt taken too much punishment. He’s been fighting at a VERY high level for 7 years or so years now)

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          Probably he is BUT he couldn't win a round against Floyd and on most people's scorecards lost twice to a fighter who was a couple years passed his prime.
          That you, Khan? He got schooled vs Floyd but he def won a round lol.

And it’s not “most” people and he only started being past prime when dudes started fighting back. :/...what a coincidence.
          Last edited by NearHypnos; 10-22-2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
            I never seen a fighter that is a ATG without one great win he dominated or won without debate. All his big fights end up debatable on who really won.
            Fans are still debating most of Sugar Ray Leonard greatest wins decades later and Canelo dominated Miguel Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Canelo made great decisions and linked up with the right promoter to get him the fights he needed. So yes he got the oppurtunities to show his greatness. But acting like all you need is to be linked with the right promtoer is just dumb. I like people to remember on the eve of Victor Ortiz potentially looking at going to prison it's easy to forget that there was a time when BOTH him and Canelo were on Golden Boy and it was Victor Ortiz NOT Canelo that was their prized possession. It was Victor who was seen the can't miss superstar and having the bigger ceiling and got the bigger push from Golden Boy. Victor was seen and promoted as the NEXT Oscar the next Golden Boy. He got the fights and time after time he lost, losses in humiliating fashion where he self destructed. And still got multiple more chances and set up continually for more fights and just kept failing. So yes being with the right team get's your foot in the door but it's up to you to shine and take care of business in the ring when you get there. Canelo did and many fighters got oppurtinites and couldn't. You can't do what Canelo has done and not be great and you can't reach the heights Canelo has reached without getting the right fights you need both.
              Oh no, absolutely... you can't, as they say, polish a turd. Maybe you were mistaking my post for some kind of pop at Canelo, but that was absolutely not my intent. Canelo has had the ability to take full advantage of the opportunities presented to him and deserves a huge amount of credit... it's just something I reflect on that not every fighter gets the same opportunities. I sometimes wonder how many great talents disappeared without a trace because they were never spotted, or their girl got pregnant and they had to go on the 9 - 5 or their manager screwed them over or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                Triple Crapola Faggot G is a bum so his last win isn't good. He also drew with a bum that's even worse.
                First fight was a robbery. Canelo dominated that Simpleton. I thought the first fight was clearer actually

Comment

Floyd won every round against Marquez still didn't stop Marquez from putting Manny Pacquiao to sleep and being a Hall of Famer. If not beating Floyd one of the greatest fighters of all time means you are not a hall of famer then you are removing half the greatest fighters of the last few decades from the Hall of Fame. And the Canelo loss hurts him less then most fighters who lost to Floyd because of how young he was. You had fighters in their peak and closer to their prime then Canelo was that lost to Floyd. Canelo's prime is now and at 160 that loss becomes less relevant on his legacy the more he keeps winning. As for GGG....

GGG showed up to the press conference like

no amount of tears changes the fact that Canelo whooped that boy, walked him down, broke his face and sent him running out the ring crying. Canelo will definitely go down in history as the better fighter and having the better career.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
                    Cotto??? Are you going to say Canelo didnt beat Cotto? Lmfao..

Oh he beat Gennady twice, but I dont consider GGG an ATG so...

Comment

To say Canelo didnt win a round against Floyd is laughable...

To say Canelo lost at all to Gennady is even funnier... XD XD XD

Comment

Working...
                      X