No announcement yet.

Need Opinion on amateur bout!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    C'mon man, both are clearly novice amateurs. Doubt you ever laced 'em to be saying anything doe.
    That's the internet man. Chollo Vista doesn't think this is an actual fight.

Comment

Excellent match up, I think the announcers said the red was 18yrs
      and the blue was 23yrs? It would be unusual for a 23 year old to be a novice but he could have been a late starter.
      Very evenly matched as far as skill base, the blue did seem a slight bit stronger. Points were fairly even and aggression leaned towards blue but the red had more coordination on the move. Don't like switching in this type of bout and the southpaw position did not give him an advantage.
      I would very slightly favor the blue corner and if I handled either young man I would go after another bout with the same young man a few months from now. You can get a great gauge on improvement or not with another video of these two.
      Damn good novice match up.

;....."both look terrible"............idiot!

Ray

Comment

..........."It's really not a real fight which is why they call it "amateur".......................................What?

Amateur boxers do not get paid for their bouts. They may get a scale pay out for meals and/or travel and it goes to the trainer/coach first to be given to the competitors.

"Pro" boxers get paid per-fight!

Basically 10 oz gloves are used for most weight classes, headgear was mandatory after the AAU was booted out and it is optional in some federations now.
        Your basic rules are the same and pro boxing is mimicking amateur boxing these days as far as style and form.

chollo vista doesn't have a clue.

Ray

Comment

Really good scrap. Red Corner showed exactly what should be shown from amateur fighters in basic terms. Punches in bunches, angles, along with being the first and last to punch. First round was really close. Second was solidly Red. Third was either way but favored Blue imo. Red Corner landed the better punches, blue corner was missing a lot more.

Comment

A few comments on the blue corner...

-Didn't throw a lot of combinations
            -Didn't fire off after red landed his punches
            -Not enough angles

One more thing, how tall were they? It seemed as the fight progressed both fighters got shorter and shorter while the referee and ring got taller and taller.

Comment

Working...
            X