Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Pacquiao forced to return to the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Pacquiao forced to return to the ring?

I dont understand he retired just 4 months ago..got a Congress or Senate job(dont remember which now.lol) but Bob nor Roach never even acted like he was actually retired...Strange

Looking good vs Bradley got the dollar signs showing up again for the Arum/Roach/Koncz connection..they'll ride Pac into the ground if they can, especially that old fk Arum and the greaseball Koncz

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.... View Post
      I dont understand he retired just 4 months ago..got a Congress or Senate job(dont remember which now.lol) but Bob nor Roach never even acted like he was actually retired...Strange
      His Senate seat can't put as many groceries on the table in 36 mins.

Comment

It feels like they have something to blackmail Manny or something..does he owe money or is there some binding **** in his contract?

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.... View Post
          It feels like they have something to blackmail Manny or something..does he owe money or is there some binding **** in his contract?
          If you were him wouldn't you come back for an easy fight for multi millions? It's like Floyd coming back for a Paulie fight for $20 million lol...easy work, easy money....

Comment

I think it's the same case with Mayweather who nearly came back, but he's probably over it now and finally adjusting to normal life.

Paqcuiao is more like not being able to say no to an old man and being tempted to come back at the same time.

Comment

MANILA - Senator Manny Pacquiao only showed up for plenary session at the Lower House on his last year as Sarangani Representative.
              Based on the attendance report released by the House of Representatives covering the 3rd regular session from July 27, 2015 to June 6, 2016, Pacquiao was actually present only on one session day out of the 52 session days for the period.

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/07/18/1...2-session-days
              I don't know if I can call it 'forced', but anyway, he had to return for his politician career. He has no ability as a serious politician. Only he can do is just pandering to populism...that's why he can't quit boxing. It's the most efficient way to promote himself. Furthermore, politicians need a lot of money...

Comment

It has been said behind the scenes Arum hoped Pac would stay retired. He has a high guarantee, but his only fight since losing to Mayweather only did something like 250,000 PPV buys. Top Rank lost a ton of money on that third Bradley fight. Pac is insisting on finishing out his contract. How many fights he has left I don't know. They mutually agreed on his guarantee being reduced but still, you gotta figure he'll command at least $10 million a fight. If he ends up matched up against Vargas Top Rank will be taking another bath. Even a Crawford fight loses money.

I think they are hoping a second Mayweather fight comes to fruition, if it does they'll make up what they are lost on his last fight against Bradley and the upcoming Vargas fight.

Comment

Stupid thread by a stupid poster.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchMeIDareYou View Post
                    Stupid thread by a stupid poster.
                    Please explain sir

Comment

Working...
                    X