No announcement yet.

Famous Scars In Boxing History

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous Scars In Boxing History

Fighting in the ring takes its toll on every boxer. Some well-known fighters suffered so much that they will be reminded about it for the rest of their lives. Without further ado, here's my top 3 famous scars of recent memory:

1. Holyfield's ear after Tyson rematch (goes without saying)
    2. Golota's head gash following first bout with Bowe (not even inflicted by "Big Daddy", but by one of his security guys, Jason Harris, whose weapon was a walkie-talkie)
    3. Po'uha's shoulder (à la Golota's bite in their '95 bout)

Please keep adding to this list. Much appreciated!

Seems like they're all linked to Tyson and Golota.

Anyway I forget which fight Cotto got a large gash on his eyebrow(it wasn't Manny or Margarito) but I think you can still see it on his brow.

Comment

I heard in the commentary in the Hagler-Antuofermo rematch that Vito had a good amount of scar tissue and cuts on one eyebrow, to the point where he had some kind of surgery to somehow change the shape of his brow so he would cut less. Didn't really work as Hagler still stopped him.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        I heard in the commentary in the Hagler-Antuofermo rematch that Vito had a good amount of scar tissue and cuts on one eyebrow, to the point where he had some kind of surgery to somehow change the shape of his brow so he would cut less. Didn't really work as Hagler still stopped him.
        They shaved off part of the bone of the brow thinking it would reduce cuts, which was Vito's weakness(cuts). A good cause, but not really effective. He would be served better if they removed Hagler's arms. Vito was a great fighter with a tremendous heart but his aggressive style led to his defeats just as I suppose it led to his victories earlier in his career. Great fighter to watch, and very likeable.

Comment

When discussing scars on boxing, I must mention James Butler. A good but limited puncher that was promoted by espn in the late 90's, early 2000's. I have mentioned him a couple times over the years here. His sucker punch after the loss to journeyman Richard Grant after their fight reminds many of us of the kind of person he was but later he went on to brutally murder the brother of Max Kellerman(Sam) who took him in and tried to help him get on his feet. Butler was a scab that would never heal.

Comment

Kell Brooks thighs

Comment

not really ''scars'' but.......

Comment

Yeah, those are pretty bad. Kevin Kelley used to swell up pretty easily to the point where they used two enswells over both of his eyes before the fight even started and kept using them between rounds.

Comment

And if you're talking swelling, Billy Collins after the Luis Resto fight, where both eyes were swollen shut and he was blinded for about a week until it went down enough for him to see.

Comment

Ohh god, these are so bad

Comment

Working...
                    X