No announcement yet.

Dont feel like sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont feel like sparring

Hi guys, I am new to the forum. I am from south america so sorry if i mispelled some words.

I just started trainning boxing 2 months ago and to be honest, i love it. Im 30 years old and i have a lean body. I have never been in any other sport of contact

The thing is that every saturday there is a sparring session in the gym, but i just dont feel like doing it. I feel like the other guys are better than me and that i am just going to get hit a lot. 2 weeks ago i did a workout with a partner practicing the jab and the right hand. I got hit pretty hard a few times and i couldnt hit him...maybe thats reason i dont feel all confidence

Is the normal knowing that im just starting boxing? I use 16oz boxing gloves.

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

You need someone to work with you. Doing peck (or catch) & shoot drills are the best way to get sparring without being hit. A lot of gyms don't know what that is so don't be surprised if yours doesn't. Maybe try a sparring session just to the body and shoulders or get someone to work with you lite. You need to spar after a few months but you don't need to go hard. Hope that helps.

Comment

Don't spar if you don't want to.

Comment

If you are not motivated to spar, dont do it - because you can run the risk of getting hurt.

Comment

Only on Saturdays?

You need to suck it up and get in there and spar. If you don’t want to spar, go try a different sport. This sport is for men. Go be one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
            Only on Saturdays?

You need to suck it up and get in there and spar. If you don’t want to spar, go try a different sport. This sport is for men. Go be one.
            They do say that boxing is a very, very mental sport - where the mental aspect can overcome greater skill any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
            X