Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Band of Brothers and the Pacific - new miniseries in development - The Mighty Eighth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band of Brothers and the Pacific - new miniseries in development - The Mighty Eighth

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure a lot of you have seen either series or both. I prefer Band of Brothers but The Pacific was still very good! I've seen both before a long time ago but I've just been on a marathon run with both series in the past 3 days. Absolutely epic!

Apparently HBO is in the middle of making a new World War II miniseries entitled The Mighty Eighth which retells the story of the European Theatre from the skies. It's been in the works since 2013.I can't wait!

Favourite characters - Bill Guarneyre was always my favourite.

If you guys haven't seen these series I highly recommend that you do - they're all over the internet. They're fairly quick to finish but long enough that you actually you feel like you know the personalities of these real life men who helped serve the Allies. They are biopics of real life soldiers.

Thoughts?

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
    Hey guys, I'm pretty sure a lot of you have seen either series or both. I prefer Band of Brothers but The Pacific was still very good! I've seen both before a long time ago but I've just been on a marathon run with both series in the past 3 days. Absolutely epic!

Apparently HBO is in the middle of making a new World War II miniseries entitled The Mighty Eighth which retells the story of the European Theatre from the skies. It's been in the works since 2013.I can't wait!

Favourite characters - Bill Guarneyre was always my favourite.

If you guys haven't seen these series I highly recommend that you do - they're all over the internet. They're fairly quick to finish but long enough that you actually you feel like you know the personalities of these real life men who helped serve the Allies. They are biopics of real life soldiers.

Thoughts?
    Big fan of both, look forward to seeing a Korean War series.
    My uncle mike was an infantry man, and saw lots of combat. Awarded the bronze star. He never talked much about it, but when he did, it was amazing. The Chinese were crazy, crawling like ants over other dead and dying Chinese soldiers. His wife is giving me his M1 Garand when I move back to the US.

Comment

Band of Brothers is top notch but it set the bar so high The Pacific was whatevers to me.

HBO's Generation Kill was badazz doe.. i want to see more dramas about modern warfare.

Im watching a history channel called SIX.

Comment

Working...
      X