No announcement yet.

Revisionist history about Wlad letting Anthony Joshua off the hook

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revisionist history about Wlad letting Anthony Joshua off the hook

Wlad tried to finish AJ and couldn't. Stop with this BS! He threw a lot of power shots after he had AJ hurt but couldn't land. If that's the case did AJ let Klitschko survive after scoring the first knockdown and prematurely celebrating? Wlad didn't lose it, AJ won it! This narrative about the fight is tired and old.

And you decided to make a new thread on this topic today because?

Comment

I know it can be comforting to rewrite events but this just happened and nearly everyone said the same thing; Wlad fought conservatively after he dropped AJ and he let him off the hook.
      That's part of the game though. Sometimes, you go for the kill and end up punching yourself out (which is exactly what AJ did).

Get over it. Don't be one of these guys that pretends his favorite fighter is perfect in every way. That's childish. These guys all have faults.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        I know it can be comforting to rewrite events but this just happened and nearly everyone said the same thing; Wlad fought conservatively after he dropped AJ and he let him off the hook.
        That's part of the game though. Sometimes, you go for the kill and end up punching yourself out (which is exactly what AJ did).

Get over it. Don't be one of these guys that pretends his favorite fighter is perfect in every way. That's childish. These guys all have faults.
        AJ not my favorite fighter dude lol. And I don't care what everyone says. Most people get their takes from commentators. I watched the fight with my own eyes. I saw Wlad throwing left hooks and overhand rights but missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
          AJ not my favorite fighter dude lol. And I don't care what everyone says. Most people get their takes from commentators. I watched the fight with my own eyes. I saw Wlad throwing left hooks and overhand rights but missing.
          Of course he's gonna throw punches, dude. Or did you want him to completely back out and just run around in circles in order to "let AJ off the hook?"

You obviously dunno the difference between going for the kill and letting someone off the hook. Either that or you're just a complete troll.

I'd say both.

Comment

The OP is actually right about the 6th round and if anything Joshua let him off the hook even more in the 5th.and then you have more revisionists who actually score that a 9/10 round which is also b.s because if you actually watch the fight ,Wlad does not win most of the round ,he only wins the later part before the bell rings...that was a 8/10 rnd ppls!

Comment

It's no surprise that these idiots come out in full swing whenever somebody tries to defend Anthony Joshua the god. Can't even watch fights correctly. How do you let somebody off the hook when they were never in trouble in the first place? AJ was so bored by Klitschko that he fell asleep for a bit in the middle of the round. Then he came back and gave him a nice fingering.

Comment

Joshua for sure "won it" later on, but anyone with eyes coulda seen that had Klitschko took a lil more risk then he's used to & just threw punches in the 6th round like Joshua threw punches in the 11th round Klitschko likely woulda won.

That said its not really in Klitschko's makeup to take risks like that so what happened happened. But its not revisionist anything that Klitschko 100% could've won the fight in the 6th round if he'd taken more risk.

And I'll even say its possible Joshua could countered & won the fight in the 6th round to if Klitschko woulda went harder & I'm sure that's what Klitschko was worried about which is why he didn't put it all out there.

So 20/20 hindsight it was obviously the wrong decision, but in the moment I didn't really think it was a bad decision cuz I thought like Vitali myself where Joshua was dead to rights & Klitschko could pick away conservatively in the 6th round & get a KO6 or worse case take him out in the 7th or 8th from that 6th round dead to rights KD.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  Of course he's gonna throw punches, dude. Or did you want him to completely back out and just run around in circles in order to "let AJ off the hook?"

You obviously dunno the difference between going for the kill and letting someone off the hook. Either that or you're just a complete troll.

I'd say both.
                  it's revisionist history to undermine AJ. Klitschko was throwing bombs. He wasn't jabbing, he wasn't on the backfoot. He was on the front font throwing haymakers. He couldn't land. Portraying it as anything else is inaccurate.

Comment

He gassed n*gga. Wlad never had good stamina to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                    X