Manny's jab work on Saturday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
    Red you are stright Savage

every fighter Manny fought said his punching hard,so i allways wanted him to mix it to the body more ,his opponets now can focus on defending Head mostly,and even useing feints its not so easy vs bigger decent guy to land everything you want,with no risk
    Definitely not easy but there's always a path for a talented guy like Manny. I believe it was the first half of the 12th where he was just on fire, turning Vargas and making a brilliant display of what he should have been doing the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      By using feints and angles like he ended up doing later in the fight. It's called "Boxing" and you can learn more about it at a gym near you.
      he was still lunging in when he took initiative. the only time he wasn't lunging is when vargas came to him and he counter off of it. no need to visit a gym when he have boxing experts like yourself on here.

Comment

By using feints and angles like he ended up doing later in the fight. It's called "Boxing" and you can learn more about it at a gym near you.
        lol...owned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

He fought like a crip

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            there was a 4-5" height difference. not sure how you expect pac to land without leaning/lunging in? it wasn't like vargas was coming to him head down or anything.
            There are tons of short fighters that don't lunge-in on one foot with their hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Not bad. Not bad at all. In fact it was arguably his best weapon of the fight. When was the last time we saw him excel with the jab like that?

I don't remember ever being able to say that Manny won because of his jab...but I think on Saturday, the consistency of that jab is what primarily carried him to the UD.
              Sorry Mike but I didnt notice any jab work in that fight, he was jumping side to side off balance trying to reach the taller guy.

Watch the David Diaz fight he was pumping his jab and turning him all night, Pac is apparently better against southpaws but he rarely fights them.

He also weighed 147 on fight night, debunking the myth that he took steroids and added muscle to go up to 147 when he never weighed more than 151 on fight night at 147.

Comment

Definitely not easy but there's always a path for a talented guy like Manny. I believe it was the first half of the 12th where he was just on fire, turning Vargas and making a brilliant display of what he should have been doing the whole fight.
                Yea ,but dont you think that body punching was what he lacks,Talent can fail you in some fights ,like SRR-Maxim(Maxim was also good fighter but not as good like SRR,also heat play a rule, but SRR lost).

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
                  Yea ,but dont you think that body punching was what he lacks,Talent can fail you in some fights ,like SRR-Maxim(Maxim was also good fighter but not as good like SRR,also heat play a rule, but SRR lost).
                  In general, I think body work in boxing is extremely undervalued in boxing today, likely because people are concerned about catching the judge's eyes.

Regarding Pac, I've always thought he lacked that but he's obviously made a career doing what he did so I can't exactly criticize too much about his punch selection when he lands as well as he does. Against Vargas, a tall guy that leans over is difficult to hit to the body so often times the shots weren't available, especially not from the outside.

Comment

Working...
                  X