No announcement yet.

Albert "Chalky" Wright

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greeh View Post
    Barry McGuigan, Arturo Gatti, Khaosai Galaxy and Mark Johnson.
    Those are the one off the top of my head. Daniel Zaragoza also is in the discussion.

/greeh
    Ah yes, Gatti. He slipped my mind, new entry.

Mark Johnson is definitely one of the ridiculous inductee's into the HOF along with Pastrano and co.

Zaragoza, hmmm, good fighter, had some of the greatest fighters I've seen with Banke. Yeah, not sure he's HOF calibur but more so than the others IMO.
    Last edited by IronDanHamza; 08-25-2013, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Ah yes, Gatti. He slipped my mind, new entry.

Mark Johnson is definitely one of the ridiculous inductee's into the HOF along with Pastrano and co.

Zaragoza, hmmm, good fighter, had some of the greatest fighters I've seen with Panke. Yeah, not sure he's HOF calibur but more so than the others IMO.
      Yeah, I agree. I just said he could be in the discussion.

/greeh

Comment

THe thing about the HOF is that they sell tickets to the event,,,

they want to sell the most tickets and make the most cash so they induct guys who will sell tickets and make noise like mcguian, gatti, etc

watch, no doubt in my mind that zab judah, mayorga, etc will be HOFers at some point in the future,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

they want to sell the most tickets and make the most cash so they induct guys who will sell tickets and make noise like mcguian, gatti, etc

watch, no doubt in my mind that zab judah, mayorga, etc will be HOFers at some point in the future,,,
          Sadly, you will probably be right. Inducting Gatti was a big mistake. A new low point.

/greeh

Comment

you're exactly right its sad to think of all the greats will to some extent be muddled in a murky mire of all time good fighters and some less than good fighters to sell tickets to the event and Judah and maybe even Mayorga will some day make it for sure Judah what a shame

Comment

Originally posted by violaandme View Post
              you're exactly right its sad to think of all the greats will to some extent be muddled in a murky mire of all time good fighters and some less than good fighters to sell tickets to the event and Judah and maybe even Mayorga will some day make it for sure Judah what a shame
              If you have a opinion on Chalky Wright, feel free to share it.

/greeh

Comment

Chalky wright was a good fighter,,, i wish he would have gotten more big fights earlier in his career,,,, He is kinda like jmm who had to wait a long time to get his crack at the top guys,,,,,

I need to watch more of chalky to accurately assess his talent level,,,,

do you guys think he would beat prince, MAB, EM, JMM ??????

Comment

Chalky wright was a good fighter,,, i wish he would have gotten more big fights earlier in his career,,,, He is kinda like jmm who had to wait a long time to get his crack at the top guys,,,,,

I need to watch more of chalky to accurately assess his talent level,,,,

do you guys think he would beat prince, MAB, EM, JMM ??????
                  He would certainly beat Hamed. I have to think about the others.

/greeh

Comment

Terrific fighter who could go up against anyone anytime!' To me a HoF inductee for sure. The HoF for me is not just superior talents & skills its also fighters who can electrify a "live audiance" something thats missing today! The people on this forum watch ppv and a few tv bouts they're apart of an era where the great live shows are long gone!! Theres NOTHING like being at a live show in comparison to the screen. Thats how and why guys like Wright to Gatti belong, they are exceptional at filling an auditorum with energy and can sell out a room that more accomplishe fighters can't!!!!
                    Wright was known by ALL boxing fans and you were sure to see a great matchup when he foughts the top tier guys of the era which he certainly was apart of! To be stopped only 8 times in 240 bouts pro fights plus the unregistered bouts is amazing!! He was a character for sure and knew all the movie stars from his era. He was a product of families who were slaves and black cowboys and from what I remember what my Uncle spoke about him he considered him an outstand fighter. (my Uncle ****e fought feather from 1917 up to 1925 and knew many of the fighters who fought throuhout the country and world wide)!! Chalky Wright HoF for sure!! Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                      Terrific fighter who could go up against anyone anytime!' To me a HoF inductee for sure. The HoF for me is not just superior talents & skills its also fighters who can electrify a "live audiance" something thats missing today! The people on this forum watch ppv and a few tv bouts they're apart of an era where the great live shows are long gone!! Theres NOTHING like being at a live show in comparison to the screen. Thats how and why guys like Wright to Gatti belong, they are exceptional at filling an auditorum with energy and can sell out a room that more accomplishe fighters can't!!!!
                      Wright was known by ALL boxing fans and you were sure to see a great matchup when he foughts the top tier guys of the era which he certainly was apart of! To be stopped only 8 times in 240 bouts pro fights plus the unregistered bouts is amazing!! He was a character for sure and knew all the movie stars from his era. He was a product of families who were slaves and black cowboys and from what I remember what my Uncle spoke about him he considered him an outstand fighter. (my Uncle ****e fought feather from 1917 up to 1925 and knew many of the fighters who fought throuhout the country and world wide)!! Chalky Wright HoF for sure!! Ray
                      Thanks for your input Ray. Where would you rank Chalky Wright as a featherweight? Top 15?

/greeh

Comment

Working...
                      X