• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are You Expecting From Rigondeaux This Weekend

Pretty straightforward ?

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    Pretty straightforward ?
    An unimpressive, safety-first performance against Poon that probably wins him a 118-110, 117-111 type of decision, gets him no closer to a Donaire fight, and gives the haters more ammo

Comment

Opposite for me. He's going to look to impress being on the same card as Nonito knowing if he doesn't put on a good show, he'll be labeled as boring again and hurt his chances of fighting Nonito

Comment

He'll be forced to fight so I expect a dominating performance and an impressive stoppage.

Poonsawat is a live dog because of Rigo's suspect whiskers.

Comment

I think Poonsawat will force the action, giving Rigo an opportunity to do what he does best. It'll be a good fight against a good opponent, for Guillermo.

Comment

Bro..if he just win I will be happy...of course I will love he ko poon but poon is a very durable guy who never been down soo I don't think that will happen..I expect rigo to avoid stay in the corners with great footwork and hit the body everytime he get a chance..if poon lower his punch rate like everyone whi fight rigo, rigo will knock him out..I believe rigo is the best boxer out there right now..to beat him you got to make the fight ugly and dirty..try to box him is a mistake..dude is very very slick..

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
              Opposite for me. He's going to look to impress being on the same card as Nonito knowing if he doesn't put on a good show, he'll be labeled as boring again and hurt his chances of fighting Nonito
              Yeah that's true..somebody said here something very true..boxing is like jazz the better it is the boring it get for most ppl..

Comment

Simple. Get the W. Poon will give him plenty of opportunities to land that counter left. This is his chance to show the world he belongs in the ring with Donaire.

Comment

To clarify, I have reasons beyond my personal dislike of Rigo's style (which is irrelevant in making judgements) that I posted what I did.

1) Rigo had enough unpleasant moments against Marroquin to make him think "better a chance at Donaire if I win ugly than no chance if I get caught"

2) I honestly believe that the long, long years that Rigo has spent honing his game to perfection has left him less versatile than he should be. I'm not sure that he can bring himself to fight a different way against top-level opposition. And I know plenty of people will say "but he won't have to modify his style, Poon will come right at him"; that's true, but unless Rigo cold-****s him with a counter (which I admit is possible, but unlikely given Poon's top-level chin), then I simply don't believe Rigo has the killer instinct to finish a Poon type of fighter. A hapless Willie Casey, yes, but not the top talents at 122.

Comment

Poonsawat will try and force the action and give Rigo openings and Rigo will drop him hard and finish him early, or Poon will temper his attack and survive to loose a wide decision.

Comment

Working...
                    X