Pacquiao likely to break Tyson's record of PPV events

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CasualBoxingFan View Post
    lol
    Mike tyson made himself a star, Pacquiao/Mayweather piggy back off De la Hoya's name, who was the true star regardless of what you think of him. If i were them i would thank Oscar for all the success. Without him they would still be way under 1mill buys, and thats the truth
    Tyson and Mayweather are non damaged good fighter so it's no surprise that they are pulling in good PPV. PAC on the other hands has been a damaged good fighter for over a decade now. PAC shouldn't be the PPV king.

Comment

Lamont Peterson, Cotto...again, Timothy Bradley.

We're gonna buy.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
        Tyson was the heavyweight champ of the world and was an automatic star in those days.

Delahoya piggybacked off cesar chavez and his dying mother.
        What i said is the truth the truth and no one is denying it, thanks for understanding.

Comment

What i said is the truth the truth and no one is denying it, thanks for understanding.
          yes you did...the truth hurts....EVERYBODY can't speak or take it...only a chosen few!!

Comment

Well done Manny!

Comment

wow.. some achievement..

Comment

lol
                Mike tyson made himself a star, Pacquiao/Mayweather piggy back off De la Hoya's name, who was the true star regardless of what you think of him. If i were them i would thank Oscar for all the success. Without him they would still be way under 1mill buys, and thats the truth
                are Manny and Floyd the ONLY fighters to have fought Dela Hoya?

if what you said is true, then EVERY fighter dela hoya fought and lost to would have had as much success as manny and floyd.

the other fighters dela hoya lost to were:

1. felix trinidad
                2. shane mosley (TWICE)
                3. bernard hopkins

based on your logic, trinidad and hopkins should be as successful and shane mosley should be TWICE as successful as manny and floyd ppv-wise.

but why couldn't THEY piggy-back on dela hoya's popularity hmmmm?

i believe that fighting dela hoya HASTENED their popularity and success, but even if they wouldn't have fought dela hoya, both Manny and Floyd would still have achieved the same success as they do now.

and while Tyson did achieve astounding success as a boxer (which he fully deserved), apparently, he couldn't take it and it caused him to crash and burn. good for him though that he somehow changed his life and made a comeback of sorts.

with manny and floyd, though they seem to THRIVE in success.

Comment

Originally posted by AFighter4U View Post
                  are Manny and Floyd the ONLY fighters to have fought Dela Hoya?

if what you said is true, then EVERY fighter dela hoya fought and lost to would have had as much success as manny and floyd.

the other fighters dela hoya lost to were:

1. felix trinidad
                  2. shane mosley (TWICE)
                  3. bernard hopkins

based on your logic, trinidad and hopkins should be as successful and shane mosley should be TWICE as successful as manny and floyd ppv-wise.

but why couldn't THEY piggy-back on dela hoya's popularity hmmmm?

i believe that fighting dela hoya HASTENED their popularity and success, but even if they wouldn't have fought dela hoya, both Manny and Floyd would still have achieved the same success as they do now.

and while Tyson did achieve astounding success as a boxer (which he fully deserved), apparently, he couldn't take it and it caused him to crash and burn. good for him though that he somehow changed his life and made a comeback of sorts.

with manny and floyd, though they seem to THRIVE in success.
                  lol.
                  Your stretching the facts, look at how much Pacquiao/Mayweather made pre(6digits)/post(7digits) Oscar. It's a fact. Take him out of the equation ,and they would still be well bellow the one million mark. Pacquiao more than doubled his earnings after Oscar. The truth hurts, give credit where it's due. I don't even like Oscar, but i can't deny what he means to the sport, and how much he has helped to try and bring it back to the top.

Comment

Working...
                  X