Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do people seriously believe Floyd Mayweather Jr could beat Gennady Golovkin at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    yea...so everyone said weeks later. admit it, if it was pac under the exact same circumstances, you'd think there might be something more to it. I like Floyd as a fighter, but wouldn't be surprised at all if he was using some type of ped during the late part of his career. I don't get why people feel the need to be apologists for every thing he does just because of some feud with pact@rds.
    No. If Pac was under the same exact circumstances he would've been the person trying to get drug testing for YEARS and have been tested for YEARS.

Floyd has been tested since ~2011 against JMM, Ortiz, Cotto, Mosley, Berto, Ghost, Maidana (twice), Canelo, etc.

Meanwhile Pac was tested against NOBODY and AVOIDED testing for Y E A R S. Refused against Floyd, JMM (and then lmfao cried PED use by JMM...kettle black XD), Mosley, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
      No. If Pac was under the same exact circumstances he would've been the person trying to get drug testing for YEARS and have been tested for YEARS.

Floyd has been tested since ~2011 against JMM, Ortiz, Cotto, Mosley, Berto, Ghost, Maidana (twice), Canelo, etc.

Meanwhile Pac was tested against NOBODY and AVOIDED testing for Y E A R S. Refused against Floyd, JMM (and then lmfao cried PED use by JMM...kettle black XD), Mosley, etc.
      all that backstory has nothing to do with what I said. if it was pac in the exact same scenario, with the same explanation, I'm sure you would be a little bit suspicious. the way drug use and test circumvention is these days, nobody is above suspicion...especially athletes that compete at a high level at a relatively advanced age.

Comment

all that backstory has nothing to do with what I said. if it was pac in the exact same scenario, with the same explanation, I'm sure you would be a little bit suspicious. the way drug use and test circumvention is these days, nobody is above suspicion...especially athletes that compete at a high level at a relatively advanced age.
        I think he answered your question well about why there might be a double standard, if one were to exist (of course we can't be sure because Pac wasn't in that situation).

But the point being the situation could have occurred to:

BoxerA, who always advocated for more drug testing and had been tested for all fights since 2010.

or

BoxerB, who avoided the biggest fight in history because of drug testing issues, has what seems to be a growing head, back acne, and once again...refused his biggest payday because he might have to give blood 14 days before the fight.

Knowing that, which would you be less likely to believe regarding that "situation" you mentioned? Let's keep it real.

Comment

• it would be a boring AF, 12 rd fight, thats for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            I think he answered your question well about why there might be a double standard, if one were to exist (of course we can't be sure because Pac wasn't in that situation).

But the point being the situation could have occurred to:

BoxerA, who always advocated for more drug testing and had been tested for all fights since 2010.

or

BoxerB, who avoided the biggest fight in history because of drug testing issues, has what seems to be a growing head, back acne, and once again...refused his biggest payday because he might have to give blood 14 days before the fight.

Knowing that, which would you be less likely to believe regarding that "situation" you mentioned? Let's keep it real.
            Still irrelevant. To me, there's still been no satisfactory explanation for why he needed the iv and that wouldn't change depending on the fighter. I've long suspected pac of ped use, not so much for Floyd...but it doesn't change the facts of what went on, and to me it's shady no matter who did it. That's what some of these nut huggers can't seem to grasp...not everyone who questions something that's clearly suspicious is automatically some type of hater.

Comment

Still irrelevant. To me, there's still been no satisfactory explanation for why he needed the iv and that wouldn't change depending on the fighter. I've long suspected pac of ped use, not so much for Floyd...but it doesn't change the facts of what went on, and to me it's shady no matter who did it. That's what some of these nut huggers can't seem to grasp...not everyone who questions something that's clearly suspicious is automatically some type of hater.
              Sure. I have no problem with anything you said here.

Cheers!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                Skill for skill, Saul Alvarez is a better fighter than Golovkin. Slow feet aside, Alvarez can box/brawl, fight off the back foot, fight inside/mid/long, can catch-and-shoot, can fight off the counter, can bait punch, can fight in combination, and punches well to the head and body.

Alvarez ****ed up when he said he'd come down to 152 to fight Floyd (Floyd rarely gives concessions back to anyone, with only the Cotto fight at 154 standing out), but Alvarez posed a far more complete fighter to figure out than Golovkin seems to pose.
                Your points about 'skill' are subjective, unsubstantiated, irrelevant or a combination of those things. In other words, they are meaningless. Arguing who has better 'footwork' is as meaningful as arguing about who's daddy is better between two children's in terms of being a dad.

Fact is, Mayweather did fight Canelo Alvarez at 152 pounds under a catch weight. Fact is, Canelo Alvarez wasn't as heavy as he usually is (weighing above 170 pounds) on fight night. Everything else is irrelevant because they are subjective or speculative.

So unless / until Mayweather has beaten a legit 160 pound boxer who weighs as much as Golovkin does usually without any catch weights or rehydration clauses on fight night, Mayweather remains featless to suggest he can defeat someone of Golovkin's caliber and weight. As in, the claim about Mayweather being able to beat Golovkin under the stipulations mentioned in this thread remain unfounded.

So the possible extra dieting to comfortably make 152lbs had no basis, and you're instead hanging your hat on this mystery rehydration clause? lol
                Basis for what exactly? Of course, in terms of affecting one's performance and gaining an advantage, it does have a basis. Otherwise, Maywaeather would've fought Canelo Alvarez like how Amir Khan did. Which was without any catch weights. So Mayweather did indeed gain an advantage by fighting Canelo Alvarez at the catch weight, rather than fighting him at the full 160 pound limit without any catch weights.

You should probably try watching that fight again, lol.
                No, I 'probably' don't need to. You should 'probably' avoid using Ad Hominem fallacies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                  Your points about 'skill' are subjective, unsubstantiated, irrelevant or a combination of those things. In other words, they are meaningless. Arguing who has better 'footwork' is as meaningful as arguing about who's daddy is better between two children's in terms of being a dad.

Fact is, Mayweather did fight Canelo Alvarez at 152 pounds under a catch weight. Fact is, Canelo Alvarez wasn't as heavy as he usually is (weighing above 170 pounds) on fight night. Everything else is irrelevant because they are subjective or speculative.

So unless / until Mayweather has beaten a legit 160 pound boxer who weighs as much as Golovkin does usually without any catch weights or rehydration clauses on fight night, Mayweather remains featless to suggest he can defeat someone of Golovkin's caliber and weight. As in, the claim about Mayweather being able to beat Golovkin under the stipulations mentioned in this thread remain unfounded.

Basis for what exactly? Of course, in terms of affecting one's performance and gaining an advantage, it does have a basis. Otherwise, Maywaeather would've fought Canelo Alvarez like how Amir Khan did. Which was without any catch weights. So Mayweather did indeed gain an advantage by fighting Canelo Alvarez at the catch weight, rather than fighting him at the full 160 pound limit without any catch weights.

No, I 'probably' don't need to. You should 'probably' avoid using Ad Hominem fallacies.
                  Why do you repeat the same sht over and over even though it was answered.

Canelo was lower weight fight night because he weighed in lighter, the CW means he must have less mass, less mass means less weight and less water holding potential, so it not only allows you make weight it means you don't rehydrate as you would without the CW because of the lowered mass.

There was no mystery dehydration clause, there was no rehydration clause of any kind there was a CW of 152.

When you force a fighter to a CW, and if its a weight that he cant reach with just fluids, with top athletes they often only have maybe a pound leeway from their normal drying out, well when its like that you don't need a rehydration clause because the less body mass forces a lowered fight night weight just naturally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                    Why do you repeat the same sht over and over even though it was answered.

Canelo was lower weight fight night because he weighed in lighter, the CW means he must have less mass, less mass means less weight and less water holding potential, so it not only allows you make weight it means you don't rehydrate as you would without the CW because of the lowered mass.

There was no mystery dehydration clause, there was no rehydration clause of any kind there was a CW of 152.

When you force a fighter to a CW, and if its a weight that he cant reach with just fluids, with top athletes they often only have maybe a pound leeway from their normal drying out, well when its like that you don't need a rehydration clause because the less body mass forces a lowered fight night weight just naturally.

If I am repeating anything, it's because the points I am responding to are also being repeated.

As for 'answered', it doesn't change the fact that Mayweather fighting Canelo Alvarez at a catch weight put him at a bigger advantageous position than Amir Khan fighting Canelo Alvarez without there existing any catch weights along with Canelo's other opponents. All of those other things you wrote are irrelevant. Since the original topic is about whether Mayweather can beat Golovkin at 160 pounds without there existing any catch weights and Mayweather has no feats of beating any solid 160 pound boxer without any catch weights imposed or rehydration clauses imposed. That's the main point!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
                      If I am repeating anything, it's because the points I am responding to are also being repeated.

As for 'answered', it doesn't change the fact that Mayweather fighting Canelo Alvarez at a catch weight put him at a bigger advantageous position than Amir Khan fighting Canelo Alvarez without there existing any catch weights along with Canelo's other opponents. All of those other things you wrote are irrelevant. Since the original topic is about whether Mayweather can beat Golovkin at 160 pounds without there existing any catch weights and Mayweather has no feats of beating any solid 160 pound boxer without any catch weights imposed or rehydration clauses imposed. That's the main point!
                      Your main point is not a point its a fantasy and you said no fantasies allowed in this thread.

In my fantasy prime Floyd sticks and moves stealing a 12 rd decision by a wide margin, your fantasy bets on GGG landing solid, mine that he doesn't land anything of note, if you cant hit Floyd you cant win and he is a master of not getting hit.

Now if you think about it, you cannot debate a fantasy because its all BS and what is the point of debating BS, now that is the main point !

Comment

Working...
                      X