No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: George Groves, Jamie Cox - Ready For WBSS War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: George Groves, Jamie Cox - Ready For WBSS War

Groves vs. Cox Weigh-In Photos Gallery - THE weigh-in ahead of Jamie Cox's World Boxing Super Series showdown against WBA Super super-middleweight champion George Groves tomorrow night threw up something of a surprise today as the Swindon fighter scaled the heavier of the two men. Underdog Cox came in at 76.1 kgs (167.7 lbs) ahead of the Saturday night fight at Wembley's SSE Arena, with Groves tipping the scales at 167.1-pounds, both under the 168-pound limit.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Groves is a much bigger man.

Comment

Only seems like yesterday that Cox moved up to MW from SWW.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        I've only seen him fight once.

But I just can't see him being big enough.

Groves would have to chop an arm off to make middleweight.

I think Groves should be able to stop him. I am a Groves fan but I would like Cox to be lively in there. From what I've seen he is aggressive, a little bit dirty, and can punch a little bit. So hopefully he can.

Groves is never really in boring fights anyway. Aside from that DeGale fight which was still interesting because of the hate involved.

Comment

Groves looks to be in good shape and boy does he have that killer instinct look in his eye I got Groves by KO

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            The only lasting memory I have of him is stinking out the joint against Michael Frontin in 2010... at WW!

Even the Sky commentators were absolutely shitting on him.

Comment

Lenin looks angry

Comment

Total MIS-MATCH...not even a worthwhile contest for GG.

Cox is an Ordinary Boxer whose never beaten any one inside the Top 100 let alone Top 10, his boxing skills and Power are just average so he doesn't even have a punchers chance.

GG wins this inside 4 rds.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                  I've only seen him fight once.

But I just can't see him being big enough.

Groves would have to chop an arm off to make middleweight.

I think Groves should be able to stop him. I am a Groves fan but I would like Cox to be lively in there. From what I've seen he is aggressive, a little bit dirty, and can punch a little bit. So hopefully he can.

Groves is never really in boring fights anyway. Aside from that DeGale fight which was still interesting because of the hate involved.
                  Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                  The only lasting memory I have of him is stinking out the joint against Michael Frontin in 2010... at WW!

Even the Sky commentators were absolutely shitting on him.
                  I've only seen a few of of his fights on YT. But I remember a couple of years ago reading about him moving up to MW and getting in the mix with BJS and Eubank Jr.
                  Last edited by kafkod; 10-13-2017, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
                    Lenin looks angry
                    Funny enough I always thought young Fedor Chudinov looked a lot more like a younger Vladimir Ilych..

...whereas the Saint looks more like his iconic older incarnation.

Comment

Working...
                    X