Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General consensus on here on whether Cortez signaled to "Box" in May vs Ortiz fight??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    I'd love someone to show me when He signaled to box?

He was not paying attention, and was looking out of the ring
    He warned Victor. Said "Let's go", clasp his hands together to signal fight, and stepped out of the way

Comment

Cortez wasn't in control.
      Legal shot by Floyd but pretty classless.
      Good thing for Ortiz it was Floyd throwing the punch, any fighter who can bang sends Victor to the hospital and maybe the morgue.

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
        Cortez wasn't in control.
        Legal shot by Floyd but pretty classless.
        Good thing for Ortiz it was Floyd throwing the punch, any fighter who can bang sends Victor to the hospital and maybe the morgue.
        Nah Floyd could always punch when he wanted to Ortiz simply got Floyd to a point where Floyd edged the line of being disqualified and threw a left hook right hand he sat down on unlike his latter career where he threw lobs to protect his hand, but here Floyd toed that DQ line, gave no ****s about a zero, and risk future millions by potentially damaging his hand with that nuke, he did it with no ****s given neither, Floyd might have strangled Ortiz post headbutt had there not been gloves on

Sticking to subject I'm not sure as far as Cortez goes if he signaled time in, sure was a half passed time in if I ever seen one....There is a reason this was his last match

Comment

Originally posted by Sgtairborne24 View Post
          Probably been a thread before but after watching the fight again it appears to me that 99.99999 percent of the f@#k up falls on Cortez and the other small portion falls on Ortiz for the dumbass headbutt and make up session. He wasn't even looking at the damn fight and still had them on a break. Any other referee would have disqualified Floyd right then and there or at the very least it's a No Contest. Victors dumbass blew it but it would have been interesting how that fight turned out. It's not like Floyd was dominating, it was actually shaping up to be a halfway decent fight.
          It was shaping into a 10-2 for floyd fight or 9-3 tops. The way floyd was letting go of his hands in that fight, a stoppage won't be a surprised either considering Ortiz' mentality.

Comment

Cortez did signal "lets go" but that is not the proper instruction to resume fighting as he would have said in the fighter meeting.

He should have said "box" but he didn't.

Its kind of a grey area, but I think everyone can agree cortez did not belong in a ring refereeing fights after that.

Comment

Originally posted by sbbigmike View Post
              Nah Floyd could always punch when he wanted to Ortiz simply got Floyd to a point where Floyd edged the line of being disqualified and threw a left hook right hand he sat down on unlike his latter career where he threw lobs to protect his hand, but here Floyd toed that DQ line, gave no ****s about a zero, and risk future millions by potentially damaging his hand with that nuke, he did it with no ****s given neither, Floyd might have strangled Ortiz post headbutt had there not been gloves on

Sticking to subject I'm not sure as far as Cortez goes if he signaled time in, sure was a half passed time in if I ever seen one....There is a reason this was his last match
              Guys who can bang put dudes to sleep with a punch, Floyd always put me to sleep with his hug-a-thon style. lol
              I agree with you about Cortez, he retired about 20 fights too late.

Comment

Working...
              X