No announcement yet.

LIVE: Donald Trump's first press conference in six months

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    You can't say for certain that repealing Obamacare will cause premiums to go back since no official plan has been disseminated.
    /facepalm

Mine, and many others, had lower premiums when there was no plan. Thus common sense and basic logic dictates it will go back to those specific levels.

You're again not keeping up.

Comment

Plus, you failed to comprehend your own post, again.

Average premiums for the second-lowest cost silver-level (SLS) marketplace plan in 2014, which serves as a benchmark for ACA subsidies, were between 10 and 21 percent lower than average individual market premiums in 2013, before the ACA…,”

Since Obama and Team D made the implementation go in steps, every year brings new numbers. 2015 and 2016 saw the biggest increases. Telling you left those out, and went back to 2014 numbers.

Four year old numbers, on legislation coming in steps past 2014. Intellectual dishonesty at it's finest. I expect nothing less from superfans.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        The tax cuts are for the rich and for corporations, not for everyne else, he's not even hiding this fact, you can look at his tax plan.
        Ok then, sources please.

He's openly said all workers get tax cuts under his plan. IIRC, he even said some of the lower brackets/payers wont be paying any IT.

When tax cuts go to the rich and corporations, it means the middle class will have to pay for it.
        Og boy, I have to teach you basic Economics before we proceed. Here goes....

Tax cuts dont "cost" anything. The Government spends zilch on them. No one gets a checks like welfare recipients do. What happens is those who earn the money send less of it to the Government. no one takes/receives a dime from Gov't, thus no costs.

BTW, we've seen tax REVENUE go up after tax RATE cuts, three times in my lifetime alone; Reagan's IT cuts raised IT revenue, Clinton's CG tax cuts raised CG tax revenue, and W Bush's IT tax cuts saw increased revenue.

As I say alot, do more research and less hurling of childish insults.

Republicans pretended to care About the budget, now that they are in charge they don't care anymore because they control the money, they are adding almost 10 TRILLION to the debt.
        They are???

For fun, I'm going to ask you to cite any budget they've proposed, introduced, etc that shows adding $10 trillion to the national debt.

Go....

Middle class/working class will pay for that.
        You have it confused with Obamacare and welfare politics.

Comment

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
          Oh they will? Ok pls share the proof.
          History is my proof on the tax cuts.

As for the Obamacare numbers, mine (and many others) were lower pre-Obamacare, so logic and common sense say they'll go back to those levels with a repeal.

Oh and provide the proof of what his actual specific plan is to replace Obamacare.
          I made no claim one exists, so I have to provide you with zilch.

Watch those strawmen please.

You're welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            History is my proof on the tax cuts.

As for the Obamacare numbers, mine (and many others) were lower pre-Obamacare, so logic and common sense say they'll go back to those levels with a repeal.

I made no claim one exists, so I have to provide you with zilch.

Watch those strawmen please.

You're welcome.
            Wrong.

Trump isnt just repealing Obamacare. He is putting a new system in. Thats why he is calling it repeal and replace, FYI. We dont know yet how much will change, so we dont have any projections on what the effects of the changes will be. Everything is still a work in progress at this particular point.

Therefore, logic and common sense do NOT say that premiums will simply go right back to pre-Obamacare levels.

Thanks for sharing your ignorance with us again. I guess.

Comment

Trump isnt just repealing Obamacare. He is putting a new system in.
              Actually you're wrong.

Trump alone isn't doing anything with Obamacare (unless parts were put in via EO). He needs Congress to first pass repeal (and/or replacement) legislation, then he can sign that legislation.

You might want to dial back the condescension when you're not up to speed on basic Civics here.

Thats why he is calling it repeal and replace, FYI. We dont know yet how much will change, so we dont have any projections on what the effects of the changes will be. Everything is still a work in progress at this particular point.
              Correct.

But what he calls it and what we get may not be the same thing. Agree?

Therefore, logic and common sense do NOT say that premiums will simply go right back to pre-Obamacare levels.
              If there is a repeal only, then it does.

If a replacement is signed into law, all bets are off. We'd need to see and analyze the replacement to see what effects it will have.

That said, we do know Obamacare failed miserably to achieve it's stated goals (keeping your plan/doctor, $2500/yr reduction in premiums). Thus it needs to go.

Thanks for sharing your ignorance with us again. I guess.
              Like I said, I'd suggest dialing it back when you dont grasp basic Civics and need me to teach them to you.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                Actually you're wrong.

Trump alone isn't doing anything with Obamacare (unless parts were put in via EO). He needs Congress to first pass repeal (and/or replacement) legislation, then he can sign that legislation.

You might want to dial back the condescension when you're not up to speed on basic Civics here.

Correct.

But what he calls it and what we get may not be the same thing. Agree?

If there is a repeal only, then it does.

If a replacement is signed into law, all bets are off. We'd need to see and analyze the replacement to see what effects it will have.

That said, we do know Obamacare failed miserably to achieve it's stated goals (keeping your plan/doctor, $2500/yr reduction in premiums). Thus it needs to go.

Like I said, I'd suggest dialing it back when you dont grasp basic Civics and need me to teach them to you.
                LMAO nice try.

Notice how you call it Obamacare, and not Obamaand theUScongresscare? Seriously dude that was lame, even for you.

Keep your bull**** projections to yourself next time. Because you know... they are bull****. The replace part may or may not happen at the same time, but it will happen.

Here take a look at this and tell me what you think of your little 'what if' scenario.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...amacare-233576

But Trump’s push comes as at least five of the 16 Republican governors of states that took federal money to expand Medicaid are advocating to keep it or warning GOP leaders of disastrous consequences if the law is repealed without a replacement that keeps millions of people covered. They include Govs. Charlie Baker of Massachusetts, Rick Snyderof Michigan, John Kasichof Ohio, Asa Hutchinson of Arkansas and Brian Sandovalof Nevada.

I will not tone down the condescension. You do not deserve it.

Comment

LMAO nice try.
                  Where was I wrong?

I simply explained how a bill is passed and signed for you since you obviously didn't know how that worked.

If I was wrong, feel free to tell me how I was wrong about how congress passes bills and then Presidents sign them. I'm all ears....

Notice how you call it Obamacare, and not Obamaand theUScongresscare? Seriously dude that was lame, even for you.
                  Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Even OBAMA calls it Obamacare!!!!

Are you really dredging this low for a rebuttal? Really???

Keep your bull**** projections to yourself next time. Because you know... they are bull****. The replace part may or may not happen at the same time, but it will happen.
                  I've not "projected" in any way.

Are you needing tutoring in English too by chance?

Here take a look at this and tell me what you think of your little 'what if' scenario.
                  That's not so much a "what if" scenario, it's people stating their views on the repeal.

My take is that's what lifer politicians do, they want more money to buy votes with. BOTH teams, R and D, do this.

You're confining yourself to R vs D binary logic. That's not good. Trump's beyond that.

Notice BOTH teams attacked Trump. That should clue you in he's above the R vs D argument. You should try and rise above it too....

BTW, that only cited 5 governors. We have 50 States. Their a huge minority. If they want 'free' healthcare, let their State's taxpayers fund it. Don't force guys like me who don't live in moocher States to pay for it.

I will not tone down the condescension. You do not deserve it.
                  Fair enough. I tried.

Just be prepared for the responses you'll get in return.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X