No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: After Mayweather is Done, I'll Take Over Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    I'll never understand how that's become the norm, every time a top athlete acts up the first thing that gets thrown in his/ or her face are "What about the kids that look up to you and see you as their role model?", this is why society stinks and athletes can no longer be true to themselves, they have to hide the fact that they themselves are drenched in sin, jus' like any other human being, we're imperfect. Humans aren't suppose to be idolizing other people, that's gay to the highest degree. As fans I solely care for his performances in the ring, if his actions outside the ring doesn't involve boxing don't expect me to give a shit.
    I completely agree. Its not realistic at all. In reality, kids watch cartoons and don't pay attention to what athletes do on their off time.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
      I do believe Broner's attitude is again just like Floyd's a character. I mean look at what he has done. He has people making multi paged threads about him and not even in relation to his next opponent. For someone who is not yet universally accepted as elite he is getting much more attention than other boxers at his level. If he keeps winning he will indeed be one of the faces of boxing. But the wins are yet to be seen.
      Broners haters are doing what they probably wish they were not doing, and that's making him the big thing in boxing. After Floyd retires, who will be the talk of the town? Broner. Whether that talk is good or bad, it creates interest and sells seats. I'm sure Broner appreciates their contribution. lol

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Broner is missing something though, I don't see him going over 35-0. Even if he cherry picks his way up.
        Well, what is he missing, dork? lol

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          People with money who are decent, don't flash it around. People who aren't used to having money flash it around in public because they want to make it known that they have it. The best way to lose that money is to flash it around....either you get robbed, acquire a bunch of leeches to chip away at your stack, acquire a gold digger to help you dump off some cash, or you spend it all fast because you have way too much in your back pocket instead of in the bank.
          Agreed. If I had that kind of money, the last thing I'd be doing is flashing it around and saying look at me. It just looks stupid. I definitely do not defend Broner in every way. He can act like a fool just as much as Mayweather, but that part of them is very unimportant to me as a boxing fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            Well, what is he missing, dork? lol
            Adrian Broner is there to fight. He stands right in front of you & fights. He isn't a slick defensive fighter. He's winning at 135 & below because he's the biggest guy there. When he touches down at 140+, with guys his size who can take his shots, he's gonna lose a couple times.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Adrian Broner is there to fight. He stands right in front of you & fights. He isn't a slick defensive fighter. He's winning at 135 & below because he's the biggest guy there. When he touches down at 140+, with guys his size who can take his shots, he's gonna lose a couple times.
              Or, it'll force him to stop relying on his size/strength and pull out everything in his skill-set. I see few guys at 140 beating him, but he probably won't have an easy time there. I just hope that Broner doesn't become a product of careful match-making, cuz it seems like that's what happens with every potential star.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Or, it'll force him to stop relying on his size/strength and pull out everything in his skill-set. I just hope that Broner doesn't become a product of careful match-making, cuz it seems like that's what happens with every potential star.
                Can you imagine him standing in front of Rios or Mattysse shoulder rolling, lol. He'll leave the ring parallel on a stretcher.

Comment

If broner steps up in competition he can take the throne from Mayweather instead of waiting for him to abdicate. This would be a good fight, there both marketable it would be the classic young lion against the crafty veteran.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    No actually it isn't an ignorant statement. He doesn't carry himself with respect and infact other boxers have called him out on his lack of respect.

No it hasn't. Not everyone is American.

No they don't because most people aren't American or care about African Americans, American slang or American culture. Being Ghetto isn't automatically a factor for people to hate you. Rios is ghetto and I don't hate him.

Nothing, some of the smartest people in the U.S. have came from bad areas and have been impoverished. Infact my father started with nothing. Less than alot of poor Americans. He's never acted ghetto or has carried himself with a lack of respect a day in his life.

I don't care where Broner lives. He acts ghetto you can be from anywhere an act ghetto. Like ive said a million times Demarco lived in a Tijuana ghetto and ate trash Yet, he's the most respectable person you'll ever meet. You won't see him flashing cash, using racist slurs, being hateful or acting like a clown. Being from a bad area isn't an excuse. Most boxers come from bad backgrounds and ghettos and they don't act like that clown Broner.

The argument here is that he's ghetto.... which really isn't an argument. The guy is ghetto. It doesn't matter where he came from or how much money he has. He lacks class. Class that other people that have came from equal or worse backgrounds have. Tapia, Demarco, Marquez, Kirkland, Pacquiao, Leonard, all have class. It doesn't matter if you like or dislike the guy.

He's ghetto

can you tell me that picture isn't ghetto? there's no he's young argument. You've never seen Canelo post pictures like that and he's younger
                    Good post maniac. Green K Broner has skills in the ring but has a garbage immature and ghetto personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Can you imagine him standing in front of Rios or Mattysse shoulder rolling, lol. He'll leave the ring parallel on a stretcher.
                      Abril shoulder rolled in front of Rios and did pretty well. As far as Matthysse goes I feel he's overrated. He hasn't beat anyone spectacular and people act like he's the love child of SRR and Laila Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X