Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most overrated hype job you've seen since you've been watching boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mentioning fighters who have already been proven GREAT... is quite frankly ret4rded

thanks to the casuals for identifying themselves and staying down on their usual level

we are obviously looking for significant underachievers

fighters who insisted that they were great, but then proved that they were not... obviously rank way higher on this list

open a web-browser... go to google, select 'images'... type 'hypejob'

now tell me who is the first picture on the list... ?

alrighty then LMAO

like a number of posters pointed out, this 'list' very quickly turned into a (un)popularity contest... sooooo props to all you clowns who managed to successfully navigate the room blindfolded, without tripping over the elephant

really ?

REALLY... ???

Comment

• it is clearly fkn obvious who is the biggest underachiever/hypejob in boxing LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
        Joe Calzaghe maybe
        ****** spotted

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
          he was very blatantly ducked by floyd mayweather when he and arum were together. floyd turned down a career high, 8 million dollar payday. styles make fights and floyd and his people knew that margarito's size and chin would give floyd problems.

you act like breaking a hand isn't part of boxing. that wouldhave been a HUGE concern going into a fight with margarito. his chin was so good and floyd's hands were already having issues. it;'s just a reality that floyd was offered 8 million bucks to fight the guy and it was turned down.

we're in agreement about WHY he was potent, he probably had plaster in his gloves from the time he fought kermit cintron. but don't act like floyd, not knowing that at all, didn't turn down a career high purse. because he did and it's well documented!
          This clown XD XD XD

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            mentioning fighters who have already been proven GREAT... is quite frankly ret4rded

thanks to the casuals for identifying themselves and staying down on their usual level

we are obviously looking for significant underachievers

fighters who insisted that they were great, but then proved that they were not... obviously rank way higher on this list

open a web-browser... go to google, select 'images'... type 'hypejob'

now tell me who is the first picture on the list... ?

alrighty then LMAO

like a number of posters pointed out, this 'list' very quickly turned into a (un)popularity contest... sooooo props to all you clowns who managed to successfully navigate the room blindfolded, without tripping over the elephant

really ?

REALLY... ???
            broner is a fair as **** pick

How do you stack titlists who were meant to be the next face of boxing against guys who never won a title but where only ever promoted to be big in their division?

Broner was meant to be bigger than Pov was ever promoted to be, but also, Broner won a few world titles and Povetkin never has. Pov was meant to dominate the division, then he did nothing of any importance after the Chambers fight.

I'm inclined to call Pov a bigger hypejob than Broner, there was some level of truth to Broner, Pov didn't do **** or even get close to his hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
              My pick is Broner. People hyped him for his skillset despite being hittable, stationary and having a low output. I'll give honorable mention to Linares-- not because I think he's a complete hype job but because he's a poor man's Khan and I found the level of praise he received baffling. No matter how many times he'd get knocked out by Mexico's B squad, people would immediately turn around and heaped praise on him. DeMarco beat him to a bloody pulp yet some people tried to claim it was an early stoppage as if it were an illegitimate win or that it was a fluke somehow.
              Good post. Agree with everything. Its reassuring I'm not the only one who realize this stuff. Now clowns on this forum are trying to hype up Linares again so they can hype up Garcia beating him next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                broner is a fair as **** pick

How do you stack titlists who were meant to be the next face of boxing against guys who never won a title but where only ever promoted to be big in their division?

Broner was meant to be bigger than Pov was ever promoted to be, but also, Broner won a few world titles and Povetkin never has. Pov was meant to dominate the division, then he did nothing of any importance after the Chambers fight.

I'm inclined to call Pov a bigger hypejob than Broner, there was some level of truth to Broner, Pov didn't do **** or even get close to his hype.

Broner won titles in 4 division by the time he was 22yo

Mr " anyone from 154-168 " killed THREE HUGE fights over weight...

Broner actually took dangerous fights, Golovkin just tip-toed through the tulips... never moving up in weight, avoiding dangerous opponents

and I never thought Broner would be the next Mayweather

#notevenclose

Comment

Broner won titles in 4 division by the time he was 22yo

Mr " anyone from 154-168 " killed THREE HUGE fights over weight...

Broner actually took dangerous fights, Golovkin just tip-toed through the tulips... never moving up in weight, avoiding dangerous opponents

and I never thought Broner would be the next Mayweather

#notevenclose
                  Oh, fair enough bud, I'd put hypejob into google image search and Broner was the first guy so I figured you were talking about him. I was like, well fair if you compare where he got to where he was said to be going but he did achieve a lot more than a lot of guys

Honestly, I give such little ****s about 3G I forget about him. He's like white noise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    Oh, fair enough bud, I'd put hypejob into google image search and Broner was the first guy so I figured you were talking about him. I was like, well fair if you compare where he got to where he was said to be going but he did achieve a lot more than a lot of guys

Honestly, I give such little ****s about 3G I forget about him. He's like white noise.

about 3-4 years ago.... when you typed ' hypejob ' into google/image... Golovkin came up

it has never changed

I checked yesterday, and it was still Golovkin... and I just checked now, and it is still Golovkin... the very first picture that popped up

what browser are you using... ? ... maybe thats it

Comment

about 3-4 years ago.... when you typed ' hypejob ' into google/image... Golovkin came up

it has never changed

I checked yesterday, and it was still Golovkin... and I just checked now, and it is still Golovkin... the very first picture that popped up

what browser are you using... ? ... maybe thats it
                      close, my ****in' default on my browser bar is set to bing, I didn't even notice.

Yeah, i got 3G first on google.

Comment

Working...
                      X