Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ and Hearn have taken the play away from Wilder and Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to be trolling, I really hope there is no person in this world this blind and stupid,,

Comment

Originally posted by otrocubiche View Post
      What's his next ploy?
      Bankrupt dazn to show the world that he is on top of everything? ?
      I can see their spin already.

Bankrupting DAZN would REALLY take the play away from Wilder and Fury because it would remove a major funding source from the sport. Who are they going to get to do a bidding war now? Checkmate by Eddie Hearn!

Comment

Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
        LMFNAO!!!!

Whatta buncha crooked tooth ***gits we got in the UK.

I wish I could blast the queen right in the ole' fish and chips.

F.U.C.K. THE UK!!!!!!
        F.U.C.K. the yanks and them George Foreman grills. They make me chips taste funny.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          You have to be trolling, I really hope there is no person in this world this blind and stupid,,
          Absolutely they are. What do you expect? They live in the UK. It's not even their fault.

Don't you remember when Floyd tuned Ricky Hatton up? The drunken hooligans were still cheering and singing AFTER Hatton lost.

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
            Wilder vs AJ is still the biggest fight to be made in boxing.
            I think the shock factor of losing to Ruiz is the main factor.
            Ruiz is not bigger than Wilder in the US though.
            Let's say Ruiz beats AJ again.
            Wilder vs Ruiz will be made &
            Wilder vs AJ for all the belts.
            AJ is in a win-win situation.
            Let's say Wilder loses a fight coming up.
            Given how it's not a big deal for AJ to lose, it's only fair to give Wilder the same play.
            Hearn's momentum got slowed down.
            It happens especially in the heavyweight division.
            Still a lot of great matches to be made.
            Who's Wilder?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
              If AJ beat Ruiz he would have cemented A side status in the US having sold 20k at MSG.

In defeat, AJ's name has gone up, Ruiz's name has gone up, Wilders name has plateaud on the back of a rematch with Ortiz that nobody asked for and Fury's name has plateaud because he is fighting Schwarz that nobody has asked for or cares about.

It looks like Ruiz v AJ 2 is landing at MSG ($8.99/$20) and will be a bigger success than Deyonce v Fury 2 ($80).

If AJ wins the rematch in convincing fashion he is in a hell of a strong position as the A side in the US and Fury and Wilder may have just taken one or the other out of the equation anyway.

If Ruiz wins the rematch, by then he will probably be drawing Canelo numbers and will also be the A side in the division.

Who the hell is gonna be paying more than 4x the price of Ruiz/AJ 2 for Deyonce v Fury 2?

Chess not checkers. Eddie is taking over America.

Hearn and DAZN > Haymon, Arum and PPV ripoffs.

It almost makes me wonder if AJ and Hearn had this in mind all along.
              AJ could have been KOed by Wilder for twice the money! Lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                Most people on here acknowledged that Joshua could take a loss. His brand, his popularity gets him past it. British support is fiercely loyal.

I think what we failed to consider was just how big it would make the man who beat him. Which is why the rematch is huge. A defeat has suddenly given him the biggest fight of his career.

If he can bounce back, and that's a huge if... but if he can then I think he goes from superstar to megastar. Not planned, but it's what will happen.

And that's right. The best boxers ever fought sequels and trilogies. They lost and overcame that to win. Ali became a three time champ. Holyfield a four time champ. They were considered great because of that.

It's always more entertaining than a guy rumbling through the division winning. For a long time we've been asking for the top fighters to fight each other. It's now conceivable that the top 4 could be facing each other in the space of a few months. This loss gave us what we wanted!
                AJ getting slapped around and stopped by a guy that looks like a plumber is what made it go viral

If it was Luis Ortiz doing the job it would been as big tbf

Comment

If Ruiz knocks out Joshua again, the brits will spin it that Joshua is a bigger star because people want to see if third time's the charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                    AJ getting slapped around and stopped by a guy that looks like a plumber is what made it go viral

If it was Luis Ortiz doing the job it would been as big tbf
                    Correct, whoever beat AJ was going be huge. The common factor is AJ.

Whoever beat him automatically becomes a star. Miller, Ortiz, Ruiz. The rematch is massive because AJ is massive.

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                      If AJ beat Ruiz he would have cemented A side status in the US having sold 20k at MSG.

In defeat, AJ's name has gone up, Ruiz's name has gone up, Wilders name has plateaud on the back of a rematch with Ortiz that nobody asked for and Fury's name has plateaud because he is fighting Schwarz that nobody has asked for or cares about.

It looks like Ruiz v AJ 2 is landing at MSG ($8.99/$20) and will be a bigger success than Deyonce v Fury 2 ($80).

If AJ wins the rematch in convincing fashion he is in a hell of a strong position as the A side in the US and Fury and Wilder may have just taken one or the other out of the equation anyway.

If Ruiz wins the rematch, by then he will probably be drawing Canelo numbers and will also be the A side in the division.

Who the hell is gonna be paying more than 4x the price of Ruiz/AJ 2 for Deyonce v Fury 2?

Chess not checkers. Eddie is taking over America.

Hearn and DAZN > Haymon, Arum and PPV ripoffs.

It almost makes me wonder if AJ and Hearn had this in mind all along.
                      - -Fast Eddie slick, but he and AJ deliver.

Deyonce always been the B side, and not even that when he fought Jason Gavern at the Stubb Hub in front of a dozen fans. As the undercard to Brook vs Porter!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X