Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Danny Garcia even interested in fighting Terence Crawford?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they can't make the Spence fight why not make the Garcia fight instead?

Who else is out there for Crawford? Thurman looks set for Manny so rules them out. I don't want to see Crawford fighting Collazo or Ugas so Garcia makes more sense to me.

Comment

Pretty much agree with everyone. He only wants wants fights. Hell, hes scared to fight Porter &Herrera again.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
        If they can't make the Spence fight why not make the Garcia fight instead?

Who else is out there for Crawford? Thurman looks set for Manny so rules them out. I don't want to see Crawford fighting Collazo or Ugas so Garcia makes more sense to me.
        Garcia is not interested bro.

Comment

It seems the top welterweights at PBC are happy ignoring Crawford. Spence and Garcia are at the spotlight because Crawford and/or Toprank have been vocal about making those matchups, but the PBC side is not even entertaining the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
            Garcia is not interested bro.
            That's a shame if true as we'll probably get Crawford v Brook or some crap.

Maybe when people criticize Bud's resume they need to think about the number of top fighters that don't want to go near him.

Comment

Any sign at all from the Garcia father and son team they want any part of Crawford?
              I have seen nothing so far.

Comment

I think Danny is a talented cat, but I question him reallllllly wanting to fight ANY big fight at any given time lol. I think Danny has a very workman-like relationship with boxing that not many higher level guys have to the degree he does.

And I think Team Garcia is very open about that with their public remarks talking about getting the most money for the easiest fights they can get. Its a very business-like mindset to limit Danny's physical damage in the sport & maximize his monetary upside.

F#ck I've often said if I would've pursued a professional boxing career & been capable of what Danny's shown he's capable of I'd have had a very similar strategy as Team Garcia has taken. Its not a very exciting strategy for boxing fans doe & while it does maximize his money at the level he's at it ultimately putting a lower ceiling on his potential upside cuz he's not a guy who's chasing greatness in the sport like I feel other guys are trying to chase greatness at this level.

So TLDR no I don't think Danny is likely to be a guy who WANTS to fight Bud now, but I do think he could be persuaded with the right payday from Arum at some point although I doubt its next. But who knows maybe Danny & Arum will both surprise me here cuz I do think Danny is the #1 best non-plan in play already option to make fight for Bud post-Khan fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaryu View Post
                  It seems the top welterweights at PBC are happy ignoring Crawford.
                  Come on man. Lets not go THAT revisionist history on this. Spence & Bud had a well watched YouTube video at a fight recently that shows anyone with a clue Spence isn't ignoring Bud or that Bud isn't ignoring Spence for anyone suggesting that too. Both guys have a confidence & c#ckiness in them with each other that show they both know whats up & I suspect when they do get made that some part of that clip is attached to the shoulder programming for the fight.

I do think Thurman is a guy who's been mostly ignoring fighting Bud AND Spence doe although I'm sure there are some clips of him mentioning both as well, but his actions seem to suggest his boxing career has taken a backseat more & more from where it was at previous to him getting belted & I think he sees Spence as his MayPac fight & he doesn't even see Bud as a reasonable fight even if Bud ends up being the guy at 147 at this point. Maybe that take would change if Spence fell off or moved to 154 doe idk. But Thurman is the guy I've been most disappointed in of all the 147lbers cuz he was the guy for a moment & he fumbled the ball embarrassingly in my eyes with his moves & seeming lack of desire to make the fights fans most wanna see now that made sense at the time.

Comment

It's not well known but Danny was offered 4 million bucks to fight Crawford before just Crawford fought Khan. His dad turned the offer down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
                      From my observation, Garcia seems to be content to cruise along in the back drop and pick up those pay checks. Cant hate on him for that. Legacy seems secondary to his financial stability.
                      This applies to the majority of boxers.

Comment

Working...
                      X