Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (March 22, 2019)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (March 22, 2019)

From E3 it looked like it'd be more of a God of War style combat kind of game but in the latest trailer it looks more like Bloodborne. It looks pretty good to be honest, not sure i'll get it yet but it does look promising.

Comment

This game is merciless.

Makes Dark Souls/Bloodborne look like child's play.

Man...it is tough

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
        This game is merciless.

Makes Dark Souls/Bloodborne look like child's play.

Man...it is tough
        Is it? I was really hyped but then when I saw gameplay, the enemies looked like they had really poorly programmed AI. As if the enemies were just really stupid. So, I ended up passing.

If you say otherwise I might give it another look.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Is it? I was really hyped but then when I saw gameplay, the enemies looked like they had really poorly programmed AI. As if the enemies were just really stupid. So, I ended up passing.

If you say otherwise I might give it another look.
          Don't take my word for it.

Read this short paragraphs(no spoilers) someone wrote on Reddit, explains it a bit better than I could:

Guys, the game is hard.

I'm one of those lucky bastards who got his physical copy (PS4) today and I'm 5h in right now. All I can say is, that Sekiro is really hard. In 5h of playtime I have defeated 3 mini bosses and one real boss (who took me around 10-15 tries). I dumped hundreds of hours in every Souls title and Bloodborne, but Sekiro is on another level.

So anybody who worries that the game might be too casual, too easy and the resurrect mechanic forgiveable - no, just no. Your character barely can take 2-3 hits (from pretty much any opponent), mini bosses are a real challenge (Black Knights are a joke against them) and you need to master the parry mechanic in order to defeat bosses and even some standard enemies. Healing items are limited (my flask has max 3 charges atm) and you can't really grind for exp, since the most skillpoints require multiple level ups and status upgrades are aquired from loot only (from (mini) bosses), so not grindable either.

edit: so you can take this also as a confirmation that the game is not (too) short. I also have detected only two areas so far (tutorial excluded). The one from the demo and another one, you could also see in previews. And there are still many areas left on the fast travel map (edit: areas are not shown previously before you discover them! This sounds a bit misleading, sorry. I just mean, there is enough space left on the map for more areas).

edit2: proof of my playtime so far: https://imgur.com/a/4uM4CIc

edit3: sorry, I did spread some wrong information here regarding skill points and level ups: once your exp bar has filled one time completely, you gain a skill point. You can not lose that skill point though, even if you don't invest the point immediately in one of you skill tress. So it does not go 2 -> 1 -> 0 when dying. You lose exp, but only to the last skill point earned. This makes it easier to save some points for bigger investments.

Comment

Speaking of physical copy, is it true the PS5 is going to be completely digital with their games? I thought I just read that in a headline somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              Speaking of physical copy, is it true the PS5 is going to be completely digital with their games? I thought I just read that in a headline somewhere.
              No idea, but I can tell you my interest in gaming has been declining more than CNN ratings.

Not sure if I'll get it

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
                No idea, but I can tell you my interest in gaming has been declining more than CNN ratings.

Not sure if I'll get it
                Mine too, but there's always a few franchises I stay interested in and always something new in the horror or action genre that comes along that I wanna check out once or twice a year that makes me still want to own a current gen console. Been playing more PS2 and NES lately though.

Comment

Still haven't finished this. Finished RE2/Leon campaign instead and playing Spider-man right now.

Didn't enjoy it as much as DS3 or Bloodbourne. Two games that I platinumed.

Comment

Man I'm taking a beating, this game is tough.

Got killed like 20 times today, had to throw the towel like Kell Brook's corner

Comment

Working...
                    X