No announcement yet.

Suffering from lower back pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post

Also, go to a physiotherapist and ask for lower back massages with magnetic stimulation, it will help you GREATLY.

How do I know? I suffer from lower back pain due to herniated disc
    I really like the bottom to heels stretch. I think it’s called child’s pose.

Maybe I should try yoga.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
      Sometimes I walk around back where there’s no cameras and I can’t be seen and I’ll sit on the ground for a few minutes at a time. If something bad happens while I’m doing this, I’ll get fired on the spot.
      You work for Amazon?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        You work for Amazon?
        No. Much more serious. I guard a bank. If I’m not by the front door and the bank gets robbed, I’m fu#ked. Can’t sit down unless on a scheduled break.

It’s the first job I ever had where I was so restricted with my freedom of movement.

Comment

No. Much more serious. I guard a bank. If I’m not by the front door and the bank gets robbed, I’m fu#ked. Can’t sit down unless on a scheduled break.

It’s the first job I ever had where I was so restricted with my freedom of movement.
          Hell nah..........

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            Hell nah..........
            On my breaks, I go on Chaturbate. I have problems.

Comment

On my breaks, I go on Chaturbate. I have problems.

Comment

Sometimes I walk around back where there’s no cameras and I can’t be seen and I’ll sit on the ground for a few minutes at a time. If something bad happens while I’m doing this, I’ll get fired on the spot.
                You said you went to the Union doctor. You may be able to get modified work. In Ontario Canada there is legislation compelling employers to provide modified work to employees that have been injured on the job or due to working conditions. This is under the compensation act. You need to check with your Union rep if you have one. If not educate yourself in the laws regarding workplace safety. Good Luck. I have a bad lower back so I know how painful it can get.

Comment

I’m required to stand at work. Even with breaks, I’m still standing way too much at work to the point that it’s unhealthy.

From Monday - Thursday, I stand 6.5 hours at work. Friday, it’s 7.5 hours, and Saturday, it’s 3.25. According to what I’ve read, anything more than 5 hours on your feet will cause significant muscle fatigue.

I went to the gym at the beginning of the month and injured my back due to back form.

At first, I blamed myself. After reassessing everything and my current situation, I blame my job.

Standing for extended periods of time puts incredible strain on your lower back and lower extremities. This is backed by science.

It’s been a month and it hasn’t gotten much better. I need help.
                  Number one problem is usually a weak core. As you get older it becomes weak and you easily hurt your back. If you haven't been working your core you need to really take it to the next level. Sit ups, crunches, back leg raises, planks etc. Of course you are injured now and you have to see your doctor who will prescribe you strong anti inlamatories and refer you to the physiotherapist. The physiotherapist will then start working your core.

Comment

Do you have health insurance? Get prescribed physical therapy. They'll get to the heart of what's actually going on in your body, get the painful areas to relax, and teach you how to live and work without causing the pain to return.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      You said you went to the Union doctor. You may be able to get modified work. In Ontario Canada there is legislation compelling employers to provide modified work to employees that have been injured on the job or due to working conditions. This is under the compensation act. You need to check with your Union rep if you have one. If not educate yourself in the laws regarding workplace safety. Good Luck. I have a bad lower back so I know how painful it can get.
                      Idk the injury technically didn’t happen on the job, but I do believe that the job contributed to it. The job definitely doesn’t help it. I was prescribed pills and physical therapy and I have a follow up appointment with the doctor next month. If it hasn’t improved my then, I will definitely ask for modified work or better yet, request a transfer. We have other accounts that aren’t standing. Or I might just quit entirely and do something else.

Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                      Number one problem is usually a weak core. As you get older it becomes weak and you easily hurt your back. If you haven't been working your core you need to really take it to the next level. Sit ups, crunches, back leg raises, planks etc. Of course you are injured now and you have to see your doctor who will prescribe you strong anti inlamatories and refer you to the physiotherapist. The physiotherapist will then start working your core.
                      I have a referral for physical therapy, but I’m telling you it’s the prolonged standing. Straight standing for a 7 or 8 hour shift, even with 2 or 3 short breaks will put strain on your lower back and lower extremities. My back has never been this messed up to the point where I felt the need to go to professional help, and then I started working where I am now.

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      Do you have health insurance? Get prescribed physical therapy. They'll get to the heart of what's actually going on in your body, get the painful areas to relax, and teach you how to live and work without causing the pain to return.
                      Yeah I got a referral for physical therapy through the Union. My only concern is that I only get 2 or 3 visits out of them. I need to call during the work week to see if it’s not only approved, but also how many sessions they give me. I have an HMO and it sucks.

I’m hoping I can get a note from the doctor during my next appointment for work restriction. I think even just 2 extra 15 minute breaks would do wonders. I don’t want to take any days off because I don’t want to lose money. I’ll gladly take vacation time. I should have at least a weeks worth if not more.

Comment

Working...
                      X