Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Khan look?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive not seen match yet, but considering how confident khan sounded before fight and what actually happened you must come to the conclusion he is finished. Because no matter how good a fight khan talks, he don't deliver.
    Of course he can still fight for a living make some money, but not sure why he would get the big name fights, unless they just want to ko khan like Crawford was denied that's why Crawford upset.

Maybe brook v khan next.

Comment

Looks like he's slowing down a lot, his blistering speed that let him get away with his endless mistakes is no longer really there.

His chin has deteriorated a lot too, it was always bad but now it's like a sandcastle. He was tap-dancing after almost every power punch Crawford landed.

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
        I rewatched snippets of his fights vs Alexander, Judah, Collazo and he was far quicker and had much better endurance. His last couple of fights, it looks like his legs aren't what they were. He seems to be off balance a lot and can't get in and out as fast. His style is basically feint, get in, land a flurry, get out, feint, jab here and there and then flurry and get out. He looked good in spots vs Crawford and I think he landed some good shots but his legs were all over the place.

I think Crawford is definitely better than any version of Khan, just has too much versatility but I would have loved to see a 2014 Khan vs present Crawford. Would have been a brilliant one.

A past his prime Brook would still beat Khan. Just all wrong for him. Too big and strong. He may not have the feet/speed/reflexes that he once had (Brook) but he is still is a terrible match-up for Khan. Brook would STILL take that fight but I think Khan will continue to duck that match.
        Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        He never got a chance to show what he had really because after he was dropped in the first, he was mentally fuked and his legs never looked solid again throughout the rest of the fight.

Based on the first 2 minutes, he looked about the same as he has in the last 4 years. It's not like he suddenly aged or that the Khan from 2015 would have done anything differently.

Hunter actually did a lot to get Khan to pull himself together and not get finished in the next few rounds. But, Khan just didn't have the talent or the will to make it far.
        Originally posted by Socialtwinkie View Post
        I think the first KD was less about getting hit with a good shot and more the fear of getting hit with a good shot. That's why before the punch that knocked him down his legs got all twisted from lunging in.

The shot that knocked him down just tapped him. If he would have stood up the next should would have probably floored him.

Imo. I've seen a couple Khan fights and he looked like complete **** in this fight. He was super impatient and only came forward in a straight line. It looked like he was trying to beat Crawford to the punch but he didnt look near as fast as he used to.

Some people speculated that Khan would outspeed Crawford but I didnt see this. Crawford imo didnt look too great either but he did enough. I can't really say he was "breaking him down" because the match ended prematurely imo but Crawford is still untested
        Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Considerably slower hand and foot. His balance was terrible.
        Everytime he put a combination together he left his feet behind.
        Fell short or overreached he never found his range credit to Crawford there. Khan made no adjustments at all, Crawford looked bored almost that's all he had to offer. I don't think he got out of second gear.

Khan should either retire or cash out and take his whooping from Brook.

His speeds not the same but he was more effective under Roach when he'd put combinations together he's looked awful under Virgil with this more measured approach.

To me he looked like when a really old fighter attempts a comeback after being out for years. Rusty. Legs gone, timing off.
        Originally posted by moochi View Post
        Khan looked like Khan looks, he's been finished for years and credit to him for earning some cash and putting in some decent battles.

What surprised me more though was Crawford got hit a fair bit from many different types of punches. In this current era of promoters hyping their fighters whilst protecting them and cherry picking opponents, I just don't know how to rate these so called stars. They do look tremendously talented, but against selective opponents.

So after tonight I'm even more curious to see how TC (and teofimo lopez as well) would fare against another legitimate top 5 WW.
        Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
        The thing with Khan is if you take away his speed, what's left?

He has a low ring IQ, unintelligent footwork, average power, bad chin, leaky defence, no inside game.

His speed carried him through to a certain level but now even that has gone and you're left with a very flawed & average fighter.

Crawford did what he had to. Apart from being stopped in 50 seconds v Prescott, this is also the first time Khan has had no success in a fight, which down to him now being slower and Crawford being too good. It's not something he was used to and looked for a way out.
        Originally posted by MPX309 View Post
        terrible, even his speed wasn't there
        Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
        Like a guy out of his depth. Do you think he has ever fought anyone good enough to slip his jab and throw a perfectly timed counter right all in the first round. Then later on switch southpaw and start clipping him with check right hooks for rushing in which Khan has always done.
        Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
        He looked bad. It was his usual bad technique, but now he was slower as well. Not a good look. He needs a few light touches and he should call it a day.
        Originally posted by Tarl of Bristol View Post
        Khan looked terrible. Footwork was clumsy and he wasn't in shape.

Virgil should've taken the full five and then stopped it but he did the right thing in saving amir from a worse beating.
        Originally posted by eco1 View Post
        I think he looked better than I expected and lasted a few rounds. He wasn't in with Rod Salka, he was in with on elf the top Dogs.

I don't like Khan, but his balls are bigger than any other guy in the sports right now except maybe for Usyk. He never runs from anyone.

If he would have taken the Fanny Garcia or Mayweather route, maybe today some would be calling him the goat, yet he fought everyone they put in front of him and that we have to respect weather we like him or not.
        Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Ive not seen match yet, but considering how confident khan sounded before fight and what actually happened you must come to the conclusion he is finished. Because no matter how good a fight khan talks, he don't deliver.
        Of course he can still fight for a living make some money, but not sure why he would get the big name fights, unless they just want to ko khan like Crawford was denied that's why Crawford upset.

Maybe brook v khan next.
        Originally posted by Hype job View Post
        Looks like he's slowing down a lot, his blistering speed that let him get away with his endless mistakes is no longer really there.

His chin has deteriorated a lot too, it was always bad but now it's like a sandcastle. He was tap-dancing after almost every power punch Crawford landed.
        Like **** according to a ringside observer

Comment

Working...
        X