Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "SOG" Ward vs "King" Kovalev II Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In matchups like these, I always tend to lean toward the elite boxer instead of the big puncher. Sergey couldn't finish Ward last time when he had him down and I don't think Ward will make the same mistake early on again. Ward by CLEAR unanimous decision, in a career defining performance.

Comment

• Hopefully Harold Lederman gives us a better scorecard this time. 116-111 Kovalev was too wide in my opinion.

Comment

• Any streams?

Comment

• Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
          Hopefully Harold Lederman gives us a better scorecard this time. 116-111 Kovalev was too wide in my opinion.
          Harold's scorecard was perfect.

Props to him for being fair and objective.

Comment

• For kovalev to win will be difficult, hopefully the judges favor the scoring to him since the others goofed.

With that being said for kovalev to win he should fight from the outside and look to throw shots to the body and JAB.. U can win fights with just jabing.. Secure the first half of the fight just by doing this.. I just hope he doesn't go in reckless cuz that will favor ward.
            Last edited by BTL; 06-15-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TMTPayton View Post
              In matchups like these, I always tend to lean toward the elite boxer instead of the big puncher. Sergey couldn't finish Ward last time when he had him down and I don't think Ward will make the same mistake early on again. Ward by CLEAR unanimous decision, in a career defining performance.
              I didn't think there was any significant difference in levels in their boxing ability in the first fight. Kovalev is very underrated in his ability.

Comment

• One of the best if not the best fight of the year with two of the very best active boxers and the Floyd Connor thread already has more views and comments already after one day, proves one thing, this site is full of fan boys and casuals.

This is where the real boxing talk is at.

Comment

In matchups like these, I always tend to lean toward the elite boxer instead of the big puncher. Sergey couldn't finish Ward last time when he had him down and I don't think Ward will make the same mistake early on again. Ward by CLEAR unanimous decision, in a career defining performance.
                  Kovalev IS an elite boxer... he just also has power.

Where do people get off on assuming Kovalev isn't a good a boxer as Ward when he straight up nearly white washed him for the first half of the fight AND knocked him down... yet you gonna act like Ward is levels above him in boxing LOL.

Comment

It's..really not that simple

Comment

• I'm getting amped for this fight

Think Ward wins this decisively but don't know if it's a good idea to get Kovalev all riled before the fight Id rather him be passive as possible.

Just finished watching the Press conference and just a couple observations

- Kathy Duva should be fired from her position and banned from the sport as a promoter. She comes across as such a C level hack, Holy sh.it after her speaking at the press conference I was less interested in the fight. Like why the f.uck are you reading off a pre written statement. Just comes off as such a amateur and bitter that Wards getting paid and your scamming your fighter

- Came across as petty for them to degrading the Maywesther / McGregor fight, concentrate on getting people interested in your fight which everyone involved has done a horrible job.

- Kovalev came across as unprofessional just leaving the presser. Sh.it if your $ is attached to ticket sales and PPV buys your not doing yourself any favours not doing your job

-Liked J Prince & Virgil stoking the fire with JDJ

-Ward as usual seemed focused and was a class act, Giving props to Rigo was cool

Anyways Can't wait for the fight on Saturday

Comment

Working...
                      X