No announcement yet.

Quintana vs. Clottey - Who you think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quintana vs. Clottey - Who you think?

Who you think got the edge in this fight?

Carlos "El Indio" Quintana

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_WQz6BIsPels/R69Qm_-p8GI/AAAAAAAAAA8/A_hFrw0nb5U/s400/PUNI****.jpg[/IMG]

or

Joshua Clottey

In first instance, my puertorican pride tell's me that Quintana can out-boxed
    Clottey. However, my boxing-reality-sense, tell's me Quintana might go down with a damaging left hook to the body.

What do you think?

poll coming in a sec...
    Carlos "El Indio" Quintana
    32.00%
    Joshua Clottey
    68.00%

Clottey's got this one.
    I don't think Quintana is a bad fighter actually but Clottey is elite.

Comment

Originally posted by sylvestersweet View Post
      Clottey's got this one.
      I don't think Quintana is a bad fighter actually but Clottey is elite.
      I think Quintana is under rated.
      It's a shame he has been so inactive, it's hurt him a lot.
      I think Quintana wins this one.

Comment

If Quintana is foused he wins a UD on pure activity, he can give weird angles and move a lot and Clottey dont throw enough, if he tries ti slug it out with CLottey he gets stop!

Comment

I'll bet anyone here 50k that Clottey beats Carlos easily. That means wide UD, TKO or KO. Any takers?

Comment

Quintana will be rusty, if he wasn't I would have picked him outright.

Clottey doesn't handle lateral movement well, but Quintana might not be able to keep it and his output up enough to win decisively.

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
              If Quintana is foused he wins a UD on pure activity, he can give weird angles and move a lot and Clottey dont throw enough, if he tries ti slug it out with CLottey he gets stop!
              I think the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
                I'll bet anyone here 50k that Clottey beats Carlos easily. That means wide UD, TKO or KO. Any takers?
                I'll take that bet.

Comment

Quintana has a very good chance of surprising and winning this fight. He was supposed to drop against Julio and he dominated, he was supposed to drop to Williams and he outboxed him over 12. He was doing well against Cotto until Cotto figured him out.

I think this will be a very close decision either way. Clottey is the under rated flavor of the month (or year[s]), but I think Quintana is every bit as under rated. I don't think Clottey has enough power to stop Carlos and we all know that Clottey is a tough, tough fighter as well. This will go the full 10/12.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase8400 View Post
                    I'll take it too. What are we talking about here for a wide UD? More than 5 points?

Comment

Working...
                    X