Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Wilder's Win Over Ortiz Impress you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Wilder's Win Over Ortiz Impress you?

In response to the article in which Fury claims Wilder hasn't beat anybody. I thought the Ortiz win was impressive. I read a lot of comments before the fight how "King Kong" Ortiz was going to annihilate Wilder, but now he's a nobody. Thoughts?

I'm not a fan of Wilder nor Joshua, I think they are both mediocre HWs in a really poor era. Having said that, his win against Ortiz was impressive just because Ortiz is one of the top HWs in this poor HW era. I would even say Wilder's win over Ortiz was more impressive than Joshua's win against an over the hill, inactive Klitschko who was coming off a loss against Fury.

Comment

Eh, I think it was a decent win and Ive always been a Ortiz fan but he is obviously on the slide at 39. He gassed and Wilder got him. Wilder is a highly athletic bazooka, he has a very limited skill set aside from 1-2. The truth is if Fury is in good fighting shape he will probably win a stinker against Wilder although I have gone on record saying I think Fury might stop him late. Wilder's athleticism has carried him to this point, Im not sure he has tried to improve his game at all.

Comment

Was a good win but not great. As for his actual performance I wasn't impressed at all, he was outboxed for most of it and some refs.would have stopped it when he was out on his feeet. Fortunately the ref he has actually gave him some more recovery time

Comment

I picked Wilder to win easily, obviously it didn't end up that way, as Ortiz showed up probably better than we'd seen him before (although he was apparently 1 hour away from being pulled) as well as Wilder was sick or something.

So all things considered, including the nature of the fight (Wilder getting hurt etc)...

Hell yeah I was impressed! Crazy awesome fight where Wilder came back from the brinks of defeat to KO his opponent.
          Last edited by LacedUp; 08-16-2018, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by baroidi View Post
            I'm not a fan of Wilder nor Joshua, I think they are both mediocre HWs in a really poor era. Having said that, his win against Ortiz was impressive just because Ortiz is one of the top HWs in this poor HW era. I would even say Wilder's win over Ortiz was more impressive than Joshua's win against an over the hill, inactive Klitschko who was coming off a loss against Fury.
            I agree with everything baroidi just said.

Comment

The comeback was cool after the ref gave him a bunch extra time after be almost got knocked out. But he was losing rounds and getting outworked by a 50 year old who was OFF roids. Poor performance other than him getting his second wind after Ortiz punched himself out

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                I picked Wilder to win easily, obviously it didn't end up that way, as Ortiz showed up probably better than we'd seen him before (although he was apparently 1 hour away from being pulled) as well as Wilder was sick or something.

So all things considered, including the nature of the fight (Wilder getting hurt etc)...

Hell yeah I was impressed! Crazy awesome fight where Wilder came back from the brinks of defeat to KO his opponent.
                Isn’t Ortiz like 900 years old... fighting a big white boy...

Pound for pound...my wife’s brother.. a boxer.. whips that white boy...

I am old...I wanna see dudes slug it out for supremacy...

They will make more money than I’ll ever hope to earn..

I just want to see a great fight..

Comment

I was impressed for a couple
                  Reasons

Ortiz along with Fury are probably the most skilled fighters in the division. Ortiz has been avoided for years by most of the HW ls with any sort of name because he’s skilled and has no fan base, so he’s easy to dodge and no one would care or put up a fuss

Wilder chased the fight even after Ortiz popped. Seldom do you see fighters go after the toughest fight if it’s not about $ just to prove their the best and Wilder did that so he should get props

I was also impressed how he recovered after round 7. the ref could have stopped it and most people wouldn’t complain. So he showed the stones of a Champion and willing to battle through adversity to get the W

He was getting outboxed and should have been down on the cards , not by that much though because he KD Ortiz and should have gotten another 1 in the 2nd I believe ( probably to be expected ) but he has the divisions greatest equalizer

Great fight from both , great performance , answered a lot of questions regarding Wilder. How can you not be impressed

Comment

yea

showed a great chin and did well to smother ortiz when hurt

Comment

Working...
                    X