No announcement yet.

Horizon Zero Dawn ****s your moms

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizon Zero Dawn ****s your moms

Anyone else picking this up? Reviews are great. It's probably the best looking console game I've seen so far, truly looks and feels 'next gen'. Gameplay/mechanics are smooth and fluid. It's challenging and not an easy gsme as well (although I'm sure if you select Easy mode it is). The universe is is really beautiful, makes you want to explore the huge map.

And what a stunning world it is to explore. Horizon is arguably the most gorgeous console game ever created — unseating last year’s graphical showpiece Uncharted 4 — and it’s all the more impressive because it’s such an enormous open world. The sheer size of the map is staggering, and it’s littered with things to do and secrets to uncover.

I've read one review that talks about how Guerrilla does a great job tackling certain RPG/open world games that have become boring, mundane and predictable. For example:

-Side Missions With Substance.
    It doesn't have a ton of side missions compared to a lot of other games, bit they are all full of substance, long and add a lot to the story. You’re rarely doing the same thing twice

-Those Dreaded “Ubisoft Map Towers”.
    Unlike Ubisoft games, instead of climb here to unlock map, over and over in the exact same way, Horizon has about 5 or 6, bit they are all unique, part of the story, and it’s always more complicated than simply finding the thing and scaling it. "The point being is that Guerrilla took one of the most mundane, overdone open world activities, tower-map unlocking, and turned it into something legitimately fun and interesting in most missions."

-The Story is Actually Great.

-Combat is Far From Repetitive.
    "This is one of the only games I’ve ever seen where you will definitely have to use almost every tool at your disposal to take down enemies. Yes, you can sneak around and stealth kill weaker ones, but the further go you, and start running into robotic monsters 50 times your size, you have change up tactics. Even as a player who likes to stick with what works, meaning one or two weapons usually, Horizon demands you get yourself out of that mindset."

Forbes Welcome

Reviews:
    'Horizon Zero Dawn': is an incredible, must-play game

Horizon Zero Dawn might be the most gorgeous console game ever created: EW review

Sony and The Witcher 3 had a baby, and it deserves to win your heart | Horizon Zero Dawn review: VG247

I played a couple hours or so yesterday and already I felt a bond with the main character, watching her grow from mischievous child to young adult. Guerrilla did a good job laying down the story and getting you to actually care about the characters. Can't wait to play more today.
    Last edited by ИATAS; 03-01-2017, 04:05 PM.

she sure as hell reminds me of Ygritte from Game of Thrones. In-game screenshots:

Last edited by ИATAS; 03-01-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

I see this game on comercials and it's games like it that make me want to pick back up video games again.

Comment

I read the reviews, i'm excited to play it. I have two good friends who got it, they say it's great. I read it plays like Far Cry, and heard it has skill trees and 50 levels, which is music to my ears, sounds like Borderlands/Far Cry mix but in 3d person.

Dishonored 2, RE7 and this game were the games i've been looking forward to (that were officially announced). RE7 was a huge let down for me (personally) but DH2 delivered and HZD sounds like it has delivered as well.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I read the reviews, i'm excited to play it. I have two good friends who got it, they say it's great. I read it plays like Far Cry, and heard it has skill trees and 50 levels, which is music to my ears, sounds like Borderlands/Far Cry mix but in 3d person.
          Kinda like Far Cry but I gotta say the game mechanics are better, the combat is fluid and smooth. So far the AI seems pretty good and it's not easy. Far Cry the AI always seemed pretty dumb to me and pretty easy once you level up a little bit (except some animals were a pain). The other thing is Far Cry gets pretty repetitive (wipe out this camp, go to this tower and repeat those two things 50 times!). And lastly the story and main character of all Far Cry were always pretty generic (although they had a couple bad guys).

I've always been a fan of Far Cry myself but those games are what they are. So far from what I've played and read online, this is a better game around. Graphics usually aren't that important to me but this game really does look beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            Anyone else picking this up? Reviews are great. It's probably the best looking console game I've seen so far, truly looks and feels 'next gen'. Gameplay/mechanics are smooth and fluid. It's challenging and not an easy gsme as well (although I'm sure if you select Easy mode it is). The universe is is really beautiful, makes you want to explore the huge map.

And what a stunning world it is to explore. Horizon is arguably the most gorgeous console game ever created — unseating last year’s graphical showpiece Uncharted 4 — and it’s all the more impressive because it’s such an enormous open world. The sheer size of the map is staggering, and it’s littered with things to do and secrets to uncover.

I've read one review that talks about how Guerrilla does a great job tackling certain RPG/open world games that have become boring, mundane and predictable. For example:

-Side Missions With Substance.
            It doesn't have a ton of side missions compared to a lot of other games, bit they are all full of substance, long and add a lot to the story. You’re rarely doing the same thing twice

-Those Dreaded “Ubisoft Map Towers”.
            Unlike Ubisoft games, instead of climb here to unlock map, over and over in the exact same way, Horizon has about 5 or 6, bit they are all unique, part of the story, and it’s always more complicated than simply finding the thing and scaling it. "The point being is that Guerrilla took one of the most mundane, overdone open world activities, tower-map unlocking, and turned it into something legitimately fun and interesting in most missions."

-The Story is Actually Great.

-Combat is Far From Repetitive.
            "This is one of the only games I’ve ever seen where you will definitely have to use almost every tool at your disposal to take down enemies. Yes, you can sneak around and stealth kill weaker ones, but the further go you, and start running into robotic monsters 50 times your size, you have change up tactics. Even as a player who likes to stick with what works, meaning one or two weapons usually, Horizon demands you get yourself out of that mindset."

Forbes Welcome

Reviews:
            'Horizon Zero Dawn': is an incredible, must-play game

Horizon Zero Dawn might be the most gorgeous console game ever created: EW review

Sony and The Witcher 3 had a baby, and it deserves to win your heart | Horizon Zero Dawn review: VG247

I played a couple hours or so yesterday and already I felt a bond with the main character, watching her grow from mischievous child to young adult. Guerrilla did a good job laying down the story and getting you to actually care about the characters. Can't wait to play more today.
            PS4 pro has twice the power of PS4 i'd expect it to look better than Uncharted 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              PS4 pro has twice the power of PS4 i'd expect it to look better than Uncharted 4.
              I have the regular PS4 myself. Game looks amazing. Obviously the Pro will look even better though.

Comment

Working...
              X